32. Dragonstone

Per request (and my own urge to do it), this is a mini-chapter on Dragonstone and what's going on with the Strong boys I have yet to address them in depth so enjoy this shorter chapter.

The Blood Wyrm's shrieks alerted the island that Daemon had returned only hours after leaving

The Blood Wyrm's shrieks alerted the island that Daemon had returned only hours after leaving. Wherever he went, he hadn't stayed for long.

Rhaenyra was on the Dragonstone throne, all of her children in the room with her. It wasn't for anything specific, they just liked it. Jace and Luke would read their histories with Rhaena while the younger children played with their toys. Rhaenyra had just given birth to her youngest, Viserys, merely days prior.

When she received word that her daughter had forsaken Laenor as her father. And exposed Rhaenyra for her lies.

To the Lords and Ladies of Westeros,
The Hand of the King, Otto Hightower, brings news of the newfound legitimacy of Princess Visenya Targaryen. In light of Princess Visenya claiming that Princess Rhaenyra admitted to coupling with her uncle shortly before her wedding, it is the Princess that requests the truth be honored. Even though Princess Rhaenyra and Prince Daemon were not married during the conception and birth of Visenya Velaryon, it should only be fair for her to be confirmed now that they have married. Visenya Targaryen, first daughter of the Heir, shall hold her position and title of Princess and the true-born daughter of Rhaenyra and Daemon.

Rhaenyra still kept the scroll, clenching it in her hands. When she had received it, her labors started shortly after, and Viserys was born. But now she was left with the betrayal of her daughter.

But how could she be mad when she heard of the violent labor and miscarriage her own daughter endured? She should have been there for her daughter instead of the Hightower snakes that had likely influenced her recent actions. Surely Alicent pushed her to do it in order to weaken Rhaenyra. But Visenya wasn't the same girl she once was. She saw that at the tourney.

And it was only natural Rhaenyra had regrets. That was her only daughter, her baby girl, and the monster she had become was her own doing. She let Daemon fear her into everything. She named Jace heir. It was all of her own doing. But Rhaenyra couldn't bring herself to regret her actions. She loved Daemon. Visenya had been a constant reminder of the night Daemon fucked her in a pleasure house and then left her alone. She was a reminder for years of the uncle she always wanted and couldn't have.

Not that it was Visenya's fault, it could just be painful at times. And she knew daemon tried to like her when they first met on Dragonstone but Daemond could tell by the way she admitted her bastard ness that she was hard to reign in. Even when she acted like a scared little girl, she did everything her own way and made it very clear she hated Daemon for abandoning her. She only loved Laenor as her father and Daemon needed him gone if he was going to take control of Visenya, a girl now betrothed to a Green Prince. It was the perfect opportunity for a spy.