10. Reunion

Visenya backed up until she felt Grey Ghost, who had stepped forward and growled at Aemond, sensing her fear and unease

Visenya backed up until she felt Grey Ghost, who had stepped forward and growled at Aemond, sensing her fear and unease. Aemond stood with his hands behind his back, utterly unbothered by the dragon. He wasn't the self-conscious, scared little boy she once knew.

"Call your beast off, I am not stupid enough to hurt you before we are wed. After that, though, hm ..." He smirked and finally looked at her.

Visenya was shaking as she gulped and looked at Grey Ghost, giving a shake of her head. Grey Ghost looked at Visenya and back at Aemond before going silent but his neck was around her protectively.

"Why ar-are you here?" She asked, the scared little girl coming back. It was like she was ten all over again, cowering in fear of her uncle. All the work she had done the last several months felt like it had disappeared.

"I saw you going for a fly, was going to join but since my dragon is much larger, she needed to rest before flying."

Visenya rolled her eyes at his comment. Go figure he would throw in a boast.

"So, I figured to please my mother, I could escort you back. Would hate for someone to dispose of my betrothed because she stupidly left the castle without a guard."

"I have left the uncastle unguarded every day for months and I have yet to encounter danger but you wouldn't know, you haven't been here," She said.

"Hm, Visenya: the mighty warrior. This beach is right outside the castle, it's not like you go through villages to get here. I was hoping to come back to a different Visenya, I figured claiming a dragon would have made you a dragon. But instead, I see the same scared girl except for this time you hide behind your dragon. How disappointing."

She clenched her jaw and stared at him, wishing she could take his other eye from him. He had grown so tall and if she kept staring up at him, she would strain her neck. It used to be that Aegon was a head taller than Aemond but at this point, Aemond was probably taller than Daemon.

"Fuck off," She mumbled and walked passed him. "You may act all calm and confident now, Aemond, but I still see a little boy that is unloved and pushed off to the side because that is all you are worth, just a pointless second son. Vhagar should have eaten your pathetic ass."

Aemond's eye flared with anger and he reached for her, his hand grabbing her hair at the base of her skull. "Don't forget your place here, Bastard. You have no allies here ... but then again, it sounds like you had no allies on Dragonstone."

Her eyes widened at his last statement.

He snicked and pushed her away but she lost her footing and fell down the cement steps. Grey Ghost stepped closer but Aemond smirked and watched her as she fell. "Pathetic," He sneered and turned his back on her, walking back up the steps.