23. An Understanding

Visenya knew Aemond was plotting something the moment she returned to their chambers

Visenya knew Aemond was plotting something the moment she returned to their chambers. Aegon was in the room and Aemond looked right at her. "Where did you go, dear Wife?"

"I don't have to tell you everything, Aemond," Visenya rose a brow.

"Well, this is going to be fun," Aegon grinned.

"What is?" Visenya asked, beginning to remove the braids and brush her hair. She hadn't seen Brella since the tourney accident and was already beginning to miss her.

"Nothing," Aemond glared at Aegon.

Visenya walked over to Aemond, her platinum waves now resting against her back. "What have you done?"

"Oh, just his plan to seduce you."

Visenya's eyes widened with anger and she balled her fist up. He had the audacity to try and seduce her after being forced to bed one another? No matter where her feelings were for him, she wasn't ready after being forced so soon. She thought he would understand all people.

The anger made her snap. She rose her fist and just as Aemond realized what was happening, her knuckles collided with his nose.

"FUCK!"

"Shit!" Aegon laughed as Aemond's nose started bleeding.

"Damnit," Visenya winced, shaking out her hand. The contact probably hurt her almost as much as it hurt him. But the power behind it was completely fueled by anger. She used her other hand to grab his hair and got in his face. "Don't you ever try to profit off my pain! I am no longer your plaything, Aemond. You don't get any say over me. I am Visenya Targaryen, I am the rightful heir to the Iron Throne and I am not a broodmare to be tamed. From now on you will fucking comprehend that!"

Aemond and Aegon stared at her with wide eyes, unable to speak. Aegon looked amused but Visenya couldn't tell what expression Aemond had. Almost like he wanted to drink her in. They seemed to reach an understanding as they challenged each other silently.

"You are the epitome of a Targaryen right now. I should have never pushed you to begin with," Aemond finally said.

"This is getting personal, I should leave," Aegon spoke.

"No, I actually wish to speak with you both but I need to know that the trust I have for you both is reciprocated. What I want to speak of is treason."

Aemond sat up, groaning as he clutched his side. "If it is what I think it is, you have my attention."

"You can trust me," Aegon spoke.

Visenya sat down and collected her thoughts, scratching her neck as she debated on how to start this. "My mother does not deserve the throne. I would rather die than call her queen. She committed treason herself the moment she started to sire bastards. Treason would knock her off the throne and would go to her next heir. And I should have been her heir. I don't deserve the throne but it should be me. Jace would never hold our mother responsible for her actions."