8. Homecoming

She debated all night if she wanted to go to King's Landing

She debated all night if she wanted to go to King's Landing. She tossed and turned on her mattress, wishing she was out on the sand with Grey Ghost but she had spent much of her evening with little Aegon.

Her room wasn't too far from the nursery so when he started crying, she walked the halls until she found him.

"Aw, little Egg, it's ok," she spoke softly and picked him up. He was so tiny and yet chubby. His face was rounded with a small chin and his wisps of silver hair were standing with his bed head.

"My sweet little brother," she whispered and bounced him in her arms. "In my eyes, you're my favorite Aegon in this family. I'm glad Mother named you Aegon because the other Aegon is a real cunt."

"Vis!" Rhaenyra whispered with a smile. "I would prefer his first words to not consist of cunt."

Visenya smiled as her mother sat in the rocking chair, Daemon behind her.

"I don't see why not. It is true, about the other Aegon." Daemon added.

Visenya looked back down at Aegon and kissed his forehead as he started to calm down.

"You'll be a great mother, Visenya. It doesn't matter how much you dislike your husband, nothing compares to the first time you hold your child. It's an experience I can't describe."

Visenya looked over at her and then back down at the babe in her arms. He was starting to gurgle and smile, something she didn't expect. Joffrey never smiled when she held him. But then again, things went to shit after Joffrey was born.

"Does he have an egg?" She asked.

"Yes, it's already hatched. Just yesterday morning, in fact."

"Stormcloud," Daemon added. "I'm going back to bed." He shared a nod with Rhaenyra.

Visenya watched him leave then turned her attention back to her mother. "Wasn't that Syrax's last egg?"

"For now, yes. I'm sure my next pregnancy there will be more. I had always wished you would have a she-dragon so that your own dragon eggs could be placed in your children's cradles. Your children riding the children of your dragon. Quite majestic."

"I don't believe that, you never wanted me to have a dragon."

"I had hoped back then that your egg would hatch. I never understood why yours didn't and your brother's eggs did." Rhaenyra spoke with a yawn.

"Because I was made for Grey Ghost. I don't care about the egg anymore. Everything makes sense now. This egg-in-the-cradle tradition didn't even start this past generation or so, I am happy I was able to claim a fully-grown dragon. At least in King's Landing, I will have something to do."

"You will have more to do, Visenya," Rhaenyra said.

"I know, I know. I will be a wife and produce more Valyrians."