7. Time

I wanna clear something up bc I realize this was my fault lmao: do not be mad at laenor for leaving her. It will come back up later in the fanfic that Laenor didn't want to leave but something happened.

"My father once taught me how to fish," Visenya laughed as Grey Ghost skimmed his maw along the water and caught the fish off the surface

They had been flying for hours and surely by now someone had noticed GreyGhost being so active and her absence. Not likely but she hoped. Not that it mattered, she felt different now. As if no one else mattered, no opinions matter, and all that mattered was Grey Ghost. They didn't like her but he loved her. They didn't understand her but he did. So many missing pieces in her life were just there now and she just had to put them together.

Grey Ghost eventually landed back on the shore and a singular person was waiting for her. No army of guards, no concerned mother, just Daemon.

She took a deep breath and climbed down, wincing at the new chafing on her thighs. It was definitely time for riding leathers.

"Daemon," she said with a nod.

"You can call me Father here if you wish."

"No, thank you though. My father died a while ago." She walked forward and mumbled.

"Visenya, I'm not going to play this game with you. You know how he died. Being angry at me won't change it."

Visenya stopped walking and looked at him. "You knew. Since the day I was born, you knew. Not one letter, not one visit, and you never even wrote to my mother. You impregnate her then abandon her."

"The situation was precarious at best. I couldn't be your father, your mother married another and was beginning to be harassed by Alicent. But I had to worry about my wife and daughters. Why are you so upset if Laenor was such an amazing father?" He asked.

"Maybe it would have felt nice to feel wanted." She huffed.

"If you go through your whole life wishing to be desired, all you will face is disappointment. Do you expect that boy to desire you once you're married, to view you as anything more than a bedmate?"

She shrugged his hand off her shoulder and walked inside. Rhaenya was pacing the halls and let out a sigh. "Seven hells, what did I tell you about dragons, Visenya? I thought he killed you."

"Hm, so someone actually noticed the lack of my presence? My guard should have noticed I left. Sorry, didn't mean to alarm you." Visenya said.