75. Short and Sweet Embrace

a shorter and sweet chapter after so much heavy shit

ALSO WE REACHED 300K???? IDK how that happened but I cannot express enough gratitude

Visenya waited anxiously, watching the sky for any sign of Dreamfyre. She was anxious to see her sister and meet Aerys.

Aemond stood next to her, Maegor sitting on his shoulders. He was careful not to touch Aemond's healing scar, but he liked to claim he was taller than both his parents. "Where's Jaehaera?" He asked.

"They're due soon, sweetling, don't worry."

"Hm," Maegor frowned. "Qogralbar."

*Fuck

"Whoa!" Visenya and Aemond both spoke in shock.

Maegor looked down at Aemond as he giggled. "You say it all the time!"

"That's because we are grown, Maegor. When you are grown, you can speak however you like. But for now, you are a young and polite prince," Aemond spoke.

"Pft," Maegor sighed, letting out a huff of air that blew into his bangs. Visenya reached up and ruffled up his curls.

"Please do not try to grow up too fast, Maegor. You are already getting too old for me to keep up with you."

"I am six, Mama."

"I know," Visenya whispered, looking at him with a look of distant longing. She still was not used to having Maegor without his other half, and it had been over a year.

"Look!" Maegor yelled, pointing to the sky.

Visenya looked up and smiled at the sight of Dreamfyre. Shrykos and Morghul struggled to keep up but they were trailing Dreamfyre.

Helaena was riding her dragon. The twins were still too young to ride theirs, as their dragons were not yet ready to be mounted, so they travelled in wheelhouses. Unlike Maegor and Laenora, Jaehaera and Jaehawerys were a bit more cautious with their dragons. Up until the day she died, Laeny had tried to mount Verleys constantly. Maegor had already mounted Veraxes but Visenya had not let him take flight yet.

Visenya and Aemond backed up, waiting at the landing platform at the Dragonpit, to give room for Helaena to land. Visenya paid no mind to the large gust of wind that came from the large dragon landing, anxiously waiting for Helaena to step down. Once she did, Visenya ran to hug her.

"Sister!" They both exclaimed.

"It is swell to be back," Helaena smiled. "I can not wait for you to meet Aerys. He looks much like his father."

"Are the wheelhouses far behind?" Visenya asked.

"No, we kept up with them for the most part. But I was anxious to land, as was the younger dragons. Shrykos and Morghul have grown, but still not enough for long flights. They need more exercise."

"Dragons were not meant to be chained up. But I suppose the Maesters and smallfolk might have my head if I allow all dragons to be free."

Helaena let out a giggle and pulled away to grab her hands. "Dragons existed in Old Vlayria freely. And the dragons on Dragonstone have never been violent unless messed with. Grey Ghost and Vhagar have not been an issue, have they?"

Visenya shook her head. "No, I suppose not."

"Exactly," Helaena smiled. "Come, I want to meet the children at the gate."

The Queensguard followed as Helaena hugged Aemond next, smiling and greeting Maegor on his shoulders. "The twins have missed you, Little Prince."

"Me too. No one is old enough to play swords like Jaehaerys and I do. Aerion can not even hold one yet!"