15. Covered Ire

I just wanted to make it clear I will not be portraying Aegon as a rapist. I am taking more of a book-accurate approach with him. While he did get handsy with the serving ladies and fathered many bastards, there were never any heavy allegations of rape. And the book Aegon also deeply cared for his brothers He only agreed to be king because Alicent told him his brothers would die if he didn't + Aegon wanted statues built of his brothers after their death. So just saying.

Also this is a lil bit of a shorter chapter, explanation at the bottom

"I should get back," Visenya mumbled. She and Rhaenys were sitting outside and her head was in her grandmother's lap as they enjoyed the afternoon on the beach with their dragons.

"All you need to do is send a raven and I will be at the wedding. You are also free to visit at any time."

Visenya tearfully bid her grandmother farewell and set off on Grey Ghost back to King's Landing. Hopefully, now that the relationship had been mended, her grandmother would become a support and she could count on her. Rhaenys would have been a far better queen and Visenya wondered if she was letting her down by not fighting for her birthright. But in doing such a thing, she would be putting Aemond within reach of the throne.

Grey Ghost landed on his beach and let out a grunt as he stretched out his neck and his wings before laying down. It was interesting to think that dragons were once normally as large as Vhagar and Balerion but now didn't get much larger than Meleys or Vermithor. The Dragon Pit was a factor of course.

Her mother's dragon was known as a spoiled one. Syrax wouldn't even hunt for herself and didn't go out to fly unless Rhaenyra was atop her. Dragons didn't belong in pits and they needed to be able to hunt for themselves or the stunted growth would continue.

"I wish you could bring forth clutches of eggs," She said as she got off of the resting dragon. "We could bring on a new age of dragons, ones that can grow to their potential. Healthy dragons that could even conquer Dorne once and for all."

Grey Ghost didn't give much of a response, he just closed his eyes and huffed. "Arse," She grinned and rubbed his snout. She had definitely flown him more than usual, he deserved to call it a night. But she also knew the flight was good for him.

She walked up the steps and entered the castle, readjusting her tunic. Her breasts had begun to swell with womanhood but not by much, just enough to make her tunic tight.

"Oh, there she is!" Alicent almost cried when Visenya entered the dining hall for a late supper where everyone was still seated.

"I am fine," Visenya shifted awkwardly at the door, her braid now messy from flying. "I told Aemond to tell you I was flying to Driftmark."

"We were worried you'd never come back," Aegon grinned, pouring a cup of wine. Helaena sat at the table with a new trinket in her hand.

"She will always come back. This is her home now. Five eyes of purple, two wings of grey, two of green, two of blue. The maiden speaks true, the king speaks of blood. Fewer spools of black, more of the green."