58. Fire and Blood

thank you for all ur lovely support last chapter lmao. it had been planned since the very beginning and I am sorry, but I also loved all the comments. Writers love when their readers have such an outcry bc that means we made you feel something with out words.

An excerpt from A Dance With Dragons, as told by Maester Munkun

When the young princess Laenora was killed at the age of five, Queen Visenya's screams were heard throughout the palace. Her dragon, Grey Ghost, shook the castle with his roars as he breathed fire into the air. Even the girl's young dragon, Verlys, cried out in pain. When news broke of her death, there was an outcry in the cities. The young innocent princess was favored on all her trips to the streets with her mother, and a hatred for the Black Queen began. But the Red Queen, save for her daughter's funeral, had not been seen in a Fortnite. Some say she went mad with grief, but it was not madness for her to grieve the loss of her child that she had to watch her brutally murdered.

Two Weeks Later

Aemond

He walked through the quiet halls with a tray of food in his hands, making his way to their chambers. When he opened the door, the stench still made him wince. But he never said anything, he didn't really say much.

It's not like he could, Visenya didn't speak. At first, it was because she lost her voice from all the screaming. But when she regained it, she still didn't utter a word.

He set the tray down on the nightstand next to her side of the bed as she lay there, staring at the covered window. Her eyes were open but desolate. She hadn't left the bed in a Fortnite, except for the funeral last week.

"Look upon the work of Rhaenyra the Cruel!"

"Visenya, it's been two days since you've eaten," He finally sighed. She didn't move, she didn't even act like she heard him. She was gone, his Visenya was gone. Not like he was any better, but Visenya was on the urge of letting herself die.

He watched the silent sisters wrap her, keeping her head as close to her body for appearances. He was on the verge of losing the contents of his stomach and he'd never cried so much.

Blood and Cheese, the names of the intruders, were locked in the black cells until Aemond was ready to torture them without immediately killing them.

"My King, the body shall be ready for her funeral tomorrow," One of the maesters said.

Aemond wrapped his hand around the maesters neck and let out what sounded like a strangled growl. "No, no. Shut the fuck up! My daughter ... my little girl shouldn't be having a funeral! I should be having to burn my little girl before I even turn five and twenty!"

"Aemond," Daeron said behind him. "It's not their fault."

Aemond turned to Daeron, enough fury in his eye to scare his little brother. "I need you to swear on Mother's life that you didn't stab Jacaerys."

Daeron nodded. "I did not hurt him and whoever did is to answer for this. And if they are lying about him being hurt or the nature of his accident, they will pay."

"I think it was Daemon, but Vis ... she does not."

"Where is she?"

"The same place she's been. I told her, but she still hasn't regained her voice."

The sound of her screams haunted him in his sleep. He slept on the chaise to give her space, but he was aching. He wouldn't tell her, he couldn't.