57. Spoils of War

It wasn't until the sun shone through their window that Visenya woke up. Normally she was awake around dawn and seeing the sun was a strange sight. She also hated the sun because her pale skin burned easily

When she opened her eyes, she saw Aemond reading in his favorite chair, Maegor napping in his lap. Visenya became away of the other twin sleeping around her belly and she peeked to see Laenora snoozing against her.

"Morning," She whispered to Aemond. "Why didn't you wake me?"

Aemond set his book down on the table and leaned back in his chair. "You wouldn't stop tossing and turning all night. I thought the extra sleep might do you some good. They came in here and decided to nap with you," he spoke softly.

Visenya smiled at him, her hand rubbing over the spot their baby was kicking. "Thank you."

"You have no reason to thank me. I am confused as to why you still haven't sent the invitation to Cregan after a day of Daeron's return."

She let out a sigh and pushed her curls out of her face. "Daeron offered good terms. I was waiting to see if my mother accepted them before dooming Daeron to a loveless relationship."

Aemond nodded in understanding. "You know, he could marry Brella if everything works out."

"That's why I'm waiting. I want Daeron and Brella to be happy. But if it is war, I need the north and he agreed."

"Mama, is Auntie Ellyn really pregnant?" Maegor asked.

"Yes."

Maegor nodded. "Do I still get to choose who I can marry?"

"Of course. If Aunt Ellyn has a girl, you could even choose her, when you are old enough. You are too young for this decision."

Visenya sat up and stretched her arms out, then leaned over to tickle Laenora. "My sweet girl, would you like to go on a ride today?"

"Only if it's on Vhagar," she grinned.

Visenya lightly pinched her side and Laeny giggled. "You little traitor."

"Will you still name baby sister Vharra?" She asked

"I haven't decided. Your father and I like a few names if it's a girl. Like Daena, or Aemma, or maybe even Daenerys."

"What if it's a boy?" Maegor asked.

"We could do Vaegon," Aemond offered.

"That's a nice option."

"Visenya!" Rhaenys frantically knocked from the other side of the door. "There's an alert envy council meeting, we need you now!"

Visenya and Aemond immediately exchanged a worried glance. "Children, go to Aunt Helaena's chambers," Aemond commanded.

They both nodded and held hands as they ran out of the room. Visenya pulled a simple dress on and they bother followed Rhaenys. She would tell them what was wrong, but she was holding a scroll in her hands. When they entered the room, no one else knew either.

"What is the meaning of this?" Visenya asked.

Rhaenys set the scroll down. "We have received word from Dragonstone."

Visenya smiled. "Did Jace convince her?"

The look in Rhaenys' eyes told her that there would be no peace.

"When Prince Jacaerys returned to the island, he was mortally wounded."

No.

"He had a stab wound in his back, mumbling the name of Daeron."