60. This Means War

two chapters today? who is she??

Visenya stumbled forward, her hands shaking. She finally died of starvation or something, because she was seeing a dead man. If she was dead, then she could see Laenora again as well.

Aemond was dumbfounded, stuck in place, and mouth agape as he stared at the man he hadn't seen since his childhood. There was no way this was possible, his exhaustion and depression was messing with him. He had to be delusional.

Aemond hadn't even registered that Visenya was walking ahead of him, but she was stumbling forward, about to lose her balance.

Laenor lost his breath, looking at his daughter for the first time in ten years. She was malnourished, but she was beautiful. And gods, she was so grown. She wasn't the little eleven-year-old girl he last saw. She was a woman.

Visenya began to fall to her knees, but Laenor rushed to her and caught her just as she was about to hit the pavement. She was holding his shoulders, staring at him with wide eyes, full of a plethora of emotions.

"Did I die?" She whispered. "Do I get to hold Laeny again?"

Laenor's eyes welled with tears and he shook his head. "No, baby girl, I'm here. And this time, I am not leaving."

She choked on the air in her lungs as he cupped her cheeks, kissing her forehead. He then pulled her against his chest, rubbing her back as she sobbed. "They took my baby from me, Papa. They took my sweet girl."

"I know," He whispered. 

"How is this possible? I saw you, I was with Grandmother when they pulled you out of the fire."

Leanor clenched his eyes shut. Of course, they allowed that. They allowed their daughter to carry that trauma with her. He'd kill them. He'd make them suffer for every second they were separated.

"I can't explain right now," He whispered. He needed to see his mother and speak to them both together.

"But - ah!" She screamed, going to reach for her belly. "Oh fuck!" 

Aemond was by her in a second, placing a hand on her cheek. "What is it, ñuha jorrāelagon?"

"The babe, it is the babe. Ah, fuck, se rūs iksis māzis."
*The babe is coming.

Laenor rose a brow. "You speak Valyrian now?"

"He taught me," She groaned, reaching for Aemond's hands. "It's going to die, Aemond, just like all of them. I am going to kill this baby too."

Laenor watched in complete shock as Aemond calmed her down, even willingly kissing her. Was this not the same boy that Visenya mutilated? The same boy that terrorized her as children? He was definitely older, taller, and more mature. It was starting to make him feel old. And she knew Valyrian? Visenya could barely read as a child and he tried for years.

"We have to get to the maester, Vis. You are not going to lose this child. I will not allow either of you to leave me. Kostan daor glaesagon mijegon ao, shifang?"
*I can not live without you, understand?

She gave him a small nod as he effortlessly lifted her into his arms. Laenor was right behind them as she was taken to the birthing chambers, already in a shift from her time in bed. "It is too early, Aemond. It's my curse."

Aemond grabbed a cold rag and pressed it against her forehead. "You are not cursed, my love. You are going to deliver this baby, and you are going to be okay. Do you want me to find Brella or let Maester Munkun?"