78. Epilogue

10 years after the end of the Dance of the Dragons, 11 years Into the Reign of Queen Visenya II Targaryen

An Excerpt from a Dance of Dragons, as written by Grand Maester Munkun

Ten years following the end of the Dance, all the lords gathered for a joyous occasion; the wedding of the Queen's sixteen-year-old heir Prince Maegor Targaryen, to eighteen-year-old Princess Jaehaera Targaryen.

By that point, the Queen had birthed seven children. Maegor, age sixteen; Vharra, age eleven; Aemma, age ten; Jacaerys, age eight; Aegar, age six; Rhaegon, age four; and Alysanne, age one.

It was known to be a time just as prosperous as that of the reign of King Jaehaerys and Queen Alysanne, with a multitude of Valyrians in the castle. Prince Lucerys, and his wife Ellyn, never had any more children. Princess Helaena never remarried or had more children other than the four she shared with the late Prince Aegon. Prince Daeron and his wife Brella had one more child after their first daughter Vaera; a son named Vaegon.

"Her Grace, Queen Visenya!"

Visenya tipped her cup to the lords with a smile. "Thank you all who have come to witness the wedding of my eldest son and heir, Prince Maegor. This week of festivities is coming to a close with the wedding on the morrow. So I thank you all!"

Visenya sipped her wine, sitting back down.

"Nicely said," Aemond smiled.

"Thank you, darling."

She watched with a smile as one of the dances began and Maegor and Jaehaera joined on the floor.

At six and ten, Maegor was already as tall as his father Aemond and did not seem to be stopping, but unlike him, he preferred to keep his hair short. And he loved to smile. He smiled at Jaehaera as they danced, love in his eyes. Visenya was happy she at least made a match that pleased them both.

Jaehaera looked like the perfect mix of her parents. Jaehaerys and Maelor were practically carbon copies of Aegon.

After the song faded, Maegor walked up to the table and held his hand out. "I kindly ask for a dance with my mother."

"I can't believe my baby boy is getting married tomorrow. Soon, you will make me a grandmother," She scoffed with a smile after taking his hand.

"Possibly," He grinned. "Considering Alysanne is only one, it won't be much different than how things are now."

In the ten years of her reign, Visenya had four more children. Jacaerys Targaryen was born nine months after Visenya and Aemond's reconnection, Aegar was born two years later, Rhaegon was born a year after that, and then Alysanne three years later, one year ago.

"Be careful or I will have another."

Maegor rolled his eyes. "Mother, please stop," He whined.

"At least your Father and I have shown you what love is. We were not so lucky with our parents."

"I don't remember Grandsire very well. He was always sick."

"We barely saw him," Visenya admitted. "I saw him often in my youth when my mother still lived here. He tried to push for all of us children to get along."

"And it was your mothers that fucked that up."

"Maegor!" Visenya laughed. "You have been spending too much time with your father."