16. Swear It

I once again owe alyssrivrs a huge thanks. thank you boo

"That's my foot, Visenya," Helaena spoke softly

Visenya groaned and pulled away from her Aunt and clenched her fists in frustration. "I am never going to get it, Hel. I have stepped on your feet multiple times."

"That's because your frame is awful," Aegon said from the bench with Aemond, both looking over some sort of parchment. "I thought you said you were working on stance with her?"

"It's different when you are fighting," Visenya rubbed her arms.

"Not really," Aemond responded. "Fighting is like a dance itself if you do it right. Swordplay, at least. Which you are nowhere near. At this point, you are months away from even being ready to hold a real blade."

"Aemond, don't be crass," Helaena responded.

"She needs a better teacher," Aegon stood and smiled at her. "I happen to be an excellent dancer."

"It is true," Helaena nodded. "Aemond has taken every lesson but I have never seen him dance at an event, but Aegon dances at all of them and when he is not drunk, he is quite swell."

Aemond tensed in his seat as Aegon took her arms and held them out in position. "There you go," He nodded and grabbed her hands. "It's all about being in sync with your partner. The man leads so just put your feet on mine for now."

Visenya nodded and placed her smaller feet on her oldest uncle's. Helaena nodded for the harpist to start playing again and Aegon straightened his back to prepare. "Stop slouching, Visenya," Aegon rose a brow.

She let out a groan and fixed her posture, trying to avoid his eye contact. She caught a glimpse of Aemond's fist and he was clenching so hard his nails were digging into his skin. Was she that bad?

Aegon started to move his feet and she noticed Helaena was right, he was a decent dancer. His legs moved like they had a mind of their own. Visenya looked down at their feet and he lifted her chin. "Don't. When you look at your feet, you start to make mistakes. Just move and trust yourself."

Visenya nodded and Aegon placed her hand on his shoulder and his on her waist, their other joined hands out in front of them. "Your hands will be positioned like this during a reception dance."

"Okay," She nodded.

They danced like for a song and Aegon nodded. "Already much better. Now let us try with your feet on the ground."

Visenya looked over and noticed Aemond had left the dance room and it was just Helaena watching. "Where did Aemond go?"

"He left in a hurry for something he had planned. You are doing much better, Vis." Helaena had a smile on her face.