26. Princess of the People

"Can you stop pacing? You will make me dizzy," Aemond groaned

"I am nervous, Aemond, it's today."

"You're officially being legitimized, Visenya, it's fine."

She stopped before her balcony and watched the sunrise—four moons since her wedding, four months into her pregnancy. Time was already going fast and since she found out, she was too scared to initiate any further affection on Aemond.

But she was shocked by his eagerness with the pregnancy. From that moment on, he was by her for every checkup and was always chastising her for trying to do too much. Part of it was annoying, but her abused side was screaming with joy. She wanted to curl up into the feeling of being cared for. She wanted to feel loved and she was scared she was going to push him away.

But the other half of her abused mind wanted to push him away. She didn't want to get hurt by someone. If she let herself love Aemond and be loved, then she was liable to get hurt. If she protected herself from that affection, then she would be fine.

"Yes, the legitimacy is officially today but then the word will be sent out to the realm. Which means within a moon or two, there will be retaliation from my mother and Daemon."

"Would you stop stressing yourself, Visenya? Please don't give them such satisfaction. You carry our child, the next heir. That child will be king or queen one day. If you let them stress you into an accident, they will always have that power over you. And I refuse to let them be in my life more than they must." Aemond huffed.

"I can't get a break anywhere. One step, I'm watching out for my mother. On the other, I have to pretend I'm devoted to your mother."

"Hm, how exhausting."

She turned and glared at him. "I do not jest about this, Aemond. She is more excited about this babe than she was for our wedding."

"It wouldn't hurt you to act more excited about this child, Visenya. It is our child, our heir."

Visenya frowned and gasped. "You did this, didn't you?"

"What?" He snapped.

"You didn't give me moon tea, did you? You fucker!" She yelled. She started hitting his chest and blocked her attacks.

"Holy fuck, Visenya, I didn't trick you!" He yelled. Her eyes started swelling with tears and he grabbed her shoulders, keeping her in place. "Visenya Targaryen, I did not give you fake moon tea, I swear it by the Fourteen Flames. I got you that tea because I wasn't going to let you be pained with carrying a child you were forced to make! I did it for you."

Her eyes widened at his words and she shook her head. "What?"

"After that, I got drunk with Aegon because of what I did to you. I know I was forced just as much as you but it seems different for women. All I have to do is stick it in but you had to bear that pain and the consequences. This babe ... If you don't want it, not truly, I will get you more tea. I will not let you carry something that brings you pain."