51. Be Still My Heart

I have noticed reads have gone down a lil bit so I promise the Dance will start within a few chapters. 

A little Della (Daeron + Brella) to start the chapter.

"You belong in my bed."

Brella rolled her eyes with a smile as Daeron kissed her shoulders. "I belong to your sister if we are being technical. Legally in the eyes of the crown, I am her handmaiden. And I am your bedmate."

"Don't call yourself my bedmate, it sounds worse than whore." Daeron frowned and cupped her cheek. "Marry me and no title will matter besides wife."

"Daeron, for like the thousandth time, you know I can't. I am not of noble blood and my father is known as a thief in the Stormlands. Your mother would die with the news."

"Well, at least Visenya would no longer have any reason to worry about her."

"Daeron!" Brella laughed. "You will marry a noble woman that shall secure an alliance for Visenya. I am not meant to last forever for you, Daeron."

"I don't buy that. Over four years, Brella. That's enough time to know you love someone. I love you, Brella, and when you become Master of Whispers, you will be a noble lady."

"Daeron," Brella cupped his cheeks. "We are not meant to be married. We were not made to burn together like the others."

"But we still fly, Brells. Falcons and dragons both fly."

"Dragons fly much higher than falcons, I'm afraid. If you want to know something, you are in talks to be wed to Sara Snow, the bastard sister of Cregan Stark. When Viserys dies and it comes time to ask for everyone's alliance, Visenya will promise her legitimization as a Stark in return for the North's alliance."

Daeron rolled his eyes. "That's not smart, she'd be a Targaryen if she married me."

"But in the eyes of the land, she would no longer be a bastard."

"I don't want to marry some bastard girl that probably can't handle the fire as my true love can. You stand before Tessarion as if you have nothing to fear."

"Because I do not have any fears before her. She follows your command and you would never hurt me." Brella spoke softly, pressing her lips against his. "Do not take this as me denying my love for you. I love you dearly and most ardently. I wish I could walk the corridors with my hand in yours, to be able to kiss you where ever we might be. But I have to be realistic and I will never recover if I get my hopes up and they get shot down."

Daeron could not fault her for that. "I am sorry, my love."

"You have no reason to be, but I can think of some ways for you to make it up to me."

-

Maester Munkun had warned her that after being on Moon Tea for so long, it would take some time for her body to adjust to being off and able to be pregnant. But despite those warnings, she was still disappointed when four moons had passed and she was still without child. She had just finished the last days of her blood cycle and felt defeated.

"This feels like a chore now," Visenya frowned, lowering herself into the tub.

"Fucking me is a chore now?" Aemond asked, sitting opposite her in the bath.

"No. But remember how we got before the twins? I don't want to get like that again."

"Then we don't. I will make sure it is only for pleasure."

"You find the prospect of filling me with child as pleasure, so that's easy for you."

"I want you happy, Visenya. I remember how bad it was before the twins," He said and grabbed her arm, kissing her inner wrist. "I don't want that for you. Never again do I wish to find you like that."