44. Clubfoot

I can not tell you HOW MUCH I ENJOYED this chapter. I am so excited for y'all's comments

 I am so excited for y'all's comments

Screaming.

Crying.

'Princess, Elaena is dead.'

'Visenya, the twins are -'

Alive. They were alive. All those nightmares about Elaena and the twins ... they weren't true. Her babies, they survived.

"Visenya!" Aemond was shouting, cupping her cheeks. She'd gone into shock, flashbacks, and terrors plaguing her worried mind. But they were alive and they were screaming.

She ran to them, hysterically crying as she scooped them both up. She rocked back and forth on the floor, surrounded by the smell of burning flesh and two small dragons that were ... were they trying to eat the men? It was a sight not meant for weak ladies. Thankfully, Visenya was filled with too many emotions to care about the dragons chewing on the flesh of dead men.

Visenya's tears rolled off her cheeks and onto the heads of her children, both calming down in her arms. She heard Aemond yelling, barking orders at the guards that arrived all too late. Her children were almost abducted, probably with the intent of murder. Had it not been for the dragons, she would have been childless again.

"Visenya, come with me," Aemond's voice went soft as he spoke to his wife, rubbing her shoulders.

She watched Veraxes tear at the cloak over one of the intruders and a broach fell from his pockets.

"Hold them," Visenya mumbled, her tears pausing so she could focus.

Aemond was shocked and struggling to keep them both in his arms, watching her with a confused expression. "Vis?"

Visenya reached over and grabbed and grabbed the metal broach that was hidden under his clothes, turning it over in her hand to look at the face of it. A beetle? No, beetles didn't have clear wings. It looked more like a firefly.

Visenya became aware that they had attracted a crowd at the door, Alicent and Otto gathering behind the guards. "Aemond, māzigon jurnegon rȳ bisa," Visenya spoke.
*Aemond, come look at this.

Aemond stepped behind her at looked at the broach she was keeping hidden from everyone else. Realization dawned on his face and everything moved quickly.

She stood up and reached for his sword, pulling it from his belt. Holding the twins kept him preoccupied, unable to stop her from taking the sword and running out of the room.

She was absolutely blinded by rage. They knew exactly who wore that broach and all she saw was red, she saw his blood. Visenya had never taken a life, not yet, but this was cause for breaking that statement.

He tried to have her babies killed, he planned an attack on her children. Visenya could handle rumors, she could handle his oblique comments that sounded confusing and threatening at the same time. But what she would not handle was an attack on her children. Oh no.