34. Sick With Love

trigger warning: descriptions of self-harm

Visenya was ... rough. She stormed into the dining hall in a purple dress, barking orders at one of the maids.

Aegon and Aemond sat by each other at the end of the table. "What happened to her?"

"This is the second month in a row she's bled. So still no pregnancy. It's driving her insane. Frankly, it is driving me insane. I want to make her happy and yet the only thing that would make her happy isn't in my control. It's not like there is a lack of trying."

Aegon nodded and refilled his cup of ale. "I know. I think I've heard you a time or two."

"Jealous?" Aemond grinned.

"Something like that," he mumbled.

"Get any ideas and I will cut your cock off and make you eat it."

Aegon scoffed. "It's not Visenya I want. It's love."

"Good. If I ever catch wind of that being the case, you will regret it, Aegon. I mean it. You've taken so much your whole life and she's something I won't let you."

"I'm dumb, not stupid. So calm yourself, little brother."

Aemond huffed and drank some of Aegon's wine. He hated to see Visenya so distraught, especially since Luke returned home. He would be back, she knew that, but she was growing closer to Luke. Luke trusted her to choose his future wife and the siblings had become inseparable during his stay. Aemond was almost jealous. But he knew that while Lucerys claimed her days, he claimed her nights. And her moans. And her pleasure. And the thought made him smile.

"Seven hells, you're thinking about her, aren't you?"

"Hm?" Aemond asked

"When you think about her, you randomly smile. After you lost your eye, you never smiled. Not until you fell in love."

"I smiled before losing my eye?"

Aegon nodded. "I used to make you laugh before life went to shit. You didn't like my jokes about women but I managed one way or another."

Aemond looked down at his cup and tried to remember his childhood with Aegon. The injury to his head had caused some memory problems from before the incident but he remembered big events. Daeron's birth, the Pink Dread, certain nameday celebrations, and feasts. It was the endless eventless days that were harder to remember. The injury was a traumatic incident that left him scarred in every way.

"Do you ever wish you could still take her eye?" Aegon asked.

Aemond should have been appalled by the question. He should have cursed Aegon for asking such an absurd question. But he couldn't.

"Up until the week of our wedding. I imagined reopening that cut in her eyebrow, slicing so slowly she would scream for me to stop. Until Daemon choked her and I realized she had suffered enough. Still suffering, if I'm being honest. Luke was here for three weeks and now she has gone two weeks without him. She loves her brother and she has to suffer."