53. The Disaster Before the Storm

to anyone that has read an aemond fanfic, you have probably read the vaemond and Dinner scene a hundred times so I will try to not put every line of dialogue. we all know it by now. so buckle up, it's a good one.

She was panicking. This was the first time she would have to face Daemon in years. She was terrified, and it was making her sick with anxiety. Aemond escorted her and the children through the halls, his hand resting on the pommel of his sword.

"I can't avoid him the whole time," She nervously spoke. "Aren't you supposed to be training?"

"It can wait. I don't want you and the children out of my eyesight."

"T-Then we will go to the yard with you! Please, I don't want to hide."

Aemond looked into her eyes, trying to decide his next move. She was his wife, she was his to protect, and the biggest threat to her safety was now in the city. But if she were with him and Cole, she would be safest. Cole didn't like her, but he had already proven himself by protecting the children.

"Fine. But you stay by me at all times," He cupped her cheeks. If love could physically be felt, it would be surging through his fingertips. He truly feared for her with Daemon in the castle. He's broken her nose before and made her get stitches, he didn't put anything past his uncle.

He watched the lilac in her eyes soften and he could feel her pulse slow down. He often believed his purpose in life was taking care of her, and watching her calm down in his grasp was proof of that.

"Hey, little loves, let's follow Papa to the courtyard, okay?" Visenya smiled at them and held their hands. They held onto her hands as they swiftly made their way to the training yard. Criston was impatiently waiting but he noticed their hurried state.

"I assume you have a good reason for being late this morning?"

"Your favorite Princess and her brood of bastards have returned," Aemond mumbled, drawing his sword with a new burst of energy. He needed to break something, he needed to beat the hells out of something. Cole would have to suffice for now.

Cole had his Morningstar and Aemond grabbed a shield. Sometimes Visenya wished she picked up the sword but since the few lessons at the beginning of her marriage, she hadn't trained. She wouldn't be able to fend off an attack without guards with her.

Aemond ferociously struck against Cole time after time until both participants were panting with exertion. And that's when Visenya felt someone stand behind her.

"Is this my niece and nephew?"

Visenya let out a scream at being spooked and she shielded her children until she realized it was Jace. Her eyes widened, shocked that he was even talking to her. But he was, and she looked at him in bewilderment as she took in how much he'd grown. He was already taller than her and he had muscles.

"You ass!" She gasped and pulled her little brother into a hug. He seemed reluctant at first but he eventually wrapped his arms around her. While Jace wasn't the one to worry about, Aemond still watched with suspicion. Jace had practically disowned Visenya but now he was hugging her?

When Visenya pulled away from the hug, she punched his shoulder. "Ow! What was that for?" Jace frowned.

"For being an asshole. You are an uncle and you have two siblings here!"

"Surely you aren't daft enough to not see my reasoning."

"Watch yourself," Aemond frowned.

"Jace!" Luke called from the steps. He ran down and Jace's face lit up, the brothers embracing with a laugh. Aemond watched Visenya's face fall and he reached out for her hand, giving it a squeeze.