46. Anything For Her

"Where are we going?" Ellyn asked, trailing behind Visenya with Lucerys

"Where are we going?" Ellyn asked, trailing behind Visenya with Lucerys. They all three wore cloaks to hide their identity until she reached the destination she wanted.

"Not yet," Visenya smiled.

"I know," Luke smiled. "It will be amazing. I've never seen her get so passionate about something unrelated to dragons or Aemond."

"That's not true, I was very passionate about getting Mother to be decent to you," Visenya spoke. It had been a few days since Rhaenyra's arrival and things had gone smoothly. The love Rhaenyra showed the twins was something that made Visenya happy and sad at the same time. And she hadn't once brought up Luke's 'betrayal' in the times she had been around him.

"Visenya, might I ask you something?" Ellyn asked in a soft tone.

"Of course," Visenya nodded as they walked through a quiet alley.

"It's about the bedding."

Visenya halted and turned to look at Ellyn. "Of course. I will answer anything."

"Before they left, my sisters told me awful things about the bedding. That it is so painful and the worst experience. Were they trying to scare me?"

Visenya wrung her hands and looked at Luke who was staring at his feet. Gods ... they were children. How could she let this happen? Why did she even allow this? It was her idea and she was doing the same thing to them that was done to her. No. Not this time.

"You won't be bedding Lucerys, Ellyn. Not until you are both ready. You are still so young. Aemond and I shall help you fake it."

Ellyn's eyes widened. "Why?"

"You wanted to know if your sisters were scaring you and I wish I had a different answer but the bedding ceremony is awful. Whether you love the person or not, it hurts. It is also very uncomfortable. A septon had to watch Aemond and me because we were at high risk for faking it and a lot rode on us creating an heir. You are both more low profile, and we can pull this off. I was barely 15 when Aemond and I wed and while we love each other now, we didn't then. And that pregnancy should have never happened."

"Why?" Luke asked.

"My cycles didn't have enough time to regulate and there were complications right away. Having such a small and still developing body isn't healthy to carry a child and until the men of this world see that, young women will die in childbirth every day. My miscarriage almost killed me."

The color on Ellyn's face drained and she gripped her hands together. "So my sisters were being honest."

"I think your sisters were trying to scare you because it is not the end of the world and it is not the most painful thing. Just wait until you actually birth the damn things."

"Vis," Luke snickered.

"Hush, I am helping you too. You are both too young to be doing this. When the time is right, and I do not need to be informed when that is, you may bed one another."