The Other Last Day of Summer

Amy wasn't too fond of this. New York was better, this place kinda sucked. She missed the city. She was now in a rural town with her parents. Her parents didn't seem to care about uprooting her. She didn't have that many friends, so it didn't effect her. At least not socially and now there was no chance of moving, her parents had sold their fortunes and planed to retire. Giving Amy enough money for high school and beyond. They want her to become something like them. They push a business degree but also suggest being a lawyer, doctor, or something just generally successful. Maybe even a politician.
Amy doesn't like any of this. She just wants to be something simple. But she can't even think about that because of all the expectations for her laid by her parents. Not like they care about her too much besides her preserving their legacy. She doesn't hate them. But she can see why people hate them. She hates being the rich kid. People hate her for being put into a life she didn't want. At least she isn't poor, they put a roof over her head and allow her to live. But they still have problems. She hates this.

At least she can focus on high school now. She wants to make actual friends, not just temporary. She wants permanent friends, ones that care for her and she can depend on. She wants to be loved. She wants to help others and for others to help her. She wants that. Something usually unachievable for her. At least now she can do that. That's something New York could never give her.

Her parents are out. Again. It's stupid how much they are out and about. She's old enough to where she doesn't need a babysitter, but she wishes she had one, for company. She can invite friends, but she doesn't have any. So she just goes back on her phone waiting for something to change. It never comes. She doesn't want to wait around but she can't find it. No matter how hard she looks. It doesn't matter anyways, tomorrow is school. She can hopefully make some friends there. That would be nice.

She finally exits her room. It's dark, lonely and huge. Only one of those is good. It sucks here. The Boredom is terrible, suffocating really. She probably shouldn't complain. But she has to get her problems out somehow. Everyone has problems and that's just fine. She'll live. Doesn't matter anyways. Just another rich kid being rich. They aren't even that rich! They're upper middle class at best! Nothing like the 1%.

She walks around so more. Looking at everything she can. Nothing's new, she's seen it all before. Nothing new. Same old, same old. She walks around some more. Finally getting to the kitchen where she makes herself a snack. She eats it and feels full. Full enough. She walks around hopefully looking for something to do. She can't find anything. So she just goes back to her room and goes on her phone.

She stays there for a while. Watching and browsing whatever she sees as mildly interesting. She's tired and had nothing to do. Again, she probably shouldn't complain. But she can't help but do it anyway. Leaking herself out. She never says it out loud anyways. She keeps looking at her phone and keeping those thoughts to herself. She gets up off her bed and walks around again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again. Nothings changing. Great for her.

She decides to walk around again. Anywhere she sees fit. All around the house. Up and Down and down and up, she repeats herself trying to find anything, anything at all. She goes everywhere. Except her parents' bedroom. She can't go up there. It's forbidden. It's not allowed. She can't go up there. No matter what. She understands that. But everywhere else she wonders. Because she's allowed there. She understands. She wonders In the living room, in the kitchen, in the bathroom, in the guest room, in the doorway, in her bedroom, in all the closets. Everywhere. Everywhere she can possibly go.

These cycles repeat. Repeating. Repeating. Repeating. Repeating. Repeating. Repeating. Repeating. Repeating. Repeating. Repeating. Repeating. Repeating. Repeating. Repeating. Repeating. Repeating. Repeating. Repeating. Repeating. Repeating. Repeating. Repeating. Repeating. Repeating. Repeating. Repeating. Repeating. Repeating. Repeating. Repeating. Repeating. Repeating. Repeating. Repeating. Repeating. Repeating. Repeating. Repeating. Repeating. Repeating. Repeating. Repeating. Repeating. Repeating. Repeating. Repeating. Repeating. Repeating. Repeating. Repeating. Repeating. Repeating. Repeating. Repeating. Repeating. Repeating. Repeating. Repeating. Repeating. Repeating. Repeating. Repeating. Repeating. Repeating.

She's tired of this. She's tired. So she goes to bed extremely early. Like usual. Not like her parents care. She goes to bed and falls to sleep. The one good thing about summer: unlimited sleep. No matter what. So she does sleep. Sleep to her heart's content. Sleep until she has to wake up. For whatever her parents what her to attend or school. She sleeps until she can't possibly wake up. Until she does. She wake up in bed. Sighing to herself and looking around. Pitch Dark. Like usual. She should probably fix her sleep schedule. But that's a problem for future Amy to solve. Not her. Never her.

The clock reads 3:34. Great. Woken up again. Considering everything? This is pretty good for her. She went to sleep around 5:00 pm. Usually she would go up to bed at 3:00 pm and wake up at 1:00 am. Great. Just perfect. This still sucks. For her this is hell. Now presumably her parents are home. So she's stuck in her room until school starts. Great, just great. She screams in her pillow. She looks around. Nothing, as usual. Great, just great. Lucky her. So she tries to go back to bed, she knows she will fail. But at least it passes the time. Good for her.