Two pairs

Cream and Marine are uncharacteristically silent on the way home. Not noticed by Blaze. They look at each other.

                  "They're hopeless." Cream says.

                  "More than I am" Marine says

                  "...What?"

                  "...nothing..."

                  "I'm not going to walk past that."

                  "...crap"

                  "What did you mean by that?"

                  "I though it's pretty obvious"

                  "What's obvious?"

                  "I thought it would be obvious"

                  "Again, what is it?"

                  "I don't want to tell you"

                  "I'll listen..."

                  "Way too secret for me to tell"

                  "Does anyone else know?"

                  "I didn't tell them, but I assume most of them know, if not all of them, again, hopeless. Blaze said herself"

                  "...oh, Blaze knows?"

                  "Didn't tell her, she figured it out pretty quick though"

                  "Marine, I already know you're a lesbian."

                  "...that's not it"

                  "Then what is it?"

                  "I can't tell you..."

                  "Why not?" Marine remains silent and soon enough Cream goes silent too. The two remain like this for a while.

                  "I get what you mean, I can't tell you some things that others know. But I can see this is racking your brain. So, please, just tell me. I don't care what it is."

                  Marine just shakes her head. Cream resumes the silence.

                  "You know I'm a lesbian too, right?" Cream questions to Marine.

                  "Yeah..." Marine says, turning to her.

                  "Figured."

                  "I'm too obvious aren't I?" Amy questions herself into her mirror. Amy knows she likes Blaze, in a friend kind of way, of course. As far as she knows the other doesn't reciprocate her feelings. So she questions herself. She's only known Blaze for two weeks, how can she be so sure she has feelings for her?

                  Amy racks her brain with questions and scenarios. She can't figure out what she wants to do, or even what she can do. She doesn't know who Blaze likes. Her brain is racked with question about herself and Blaze and both of them, together. It's really getting to her. She screams into her pillow. She has no idea how to get from here. Amy has no idea if Blaze is being nice or if she even knows Amy's feelings. Amy questions herself and how she ticks. She looks around for answers. Finding nothing. Panicking, she goes to the Internet. Probably a bad idea. Amy searches for stuff like confessing to a crush and how to get rid of a crush. Nothing that helps. It'll eventually pass right? It's not the first time Amy has struggled with this, she really doesn't want to ruin her friendship with Blaze in case she gets too clingy as her friend. If that's possible.

                 Blaze knows that as soon as she has a crush, it won't go away unless the person goes away. Amy isn't leaving anytime soon. So Blaze is stuck with thoughts of wanting to be her girlfriend. Blaze likes her a lot. Blaze thinks to a comical amount about it. She has absolutely no idea what to do with it and how to deal with it. Blaze thinks to herself, about what she could do. She doesn't even have the slightest clue. She has had a few crushes before none of which though were this close to her. Nonetheless being an actual friend of hers. So she makes sure it's a crush, it's a crush. At least she knows that for sure. So she has a crush on Amy Rose, a pretty girl that's her friend. She should be in a mental hospital with how much this is racking her brain. Amy's way too nice for her. She puts up with way too much for Blaze and her friends. Blaze doesn't like this, not one bit. She has no idea how to deal with this. Blaze has never even got the point of having a friend she's had a crush on. Blaze had no idea how to fix this or stop this, again, all her crushes haven't ended unless they moved away or ended up being terrible people. Amy doesn't fit any of her previous crush archetypes. Besides obviously, she's a girl.

                 Blaze likes girls. But that doesn't matter, so unless Amy becomes a boy, there's no way this can end. Unless she moves away. Which may make it worse actually.  Amy seems to like her so there's no reason for her to move away anyways. Blaze doesn't want her to move away anyways, Amy is extremely nice, Blaze likes her not only in a crush way but also a friend way. Which makes this so much harder for her. Blaze has no way to solve this, no prior experience. She wishes it could subside but history tells her it won't, so now she'll have to deal with it. Great, just great. Blaze is still down in the living room, doing the things the room commands, living in it. Blaze also decides that this is her emotional panic room. Blaze has absolutely nothing to distract herself because she has no homework because she did it with Amy. Great, just great even more ways to be reminded of her crush. Maybe this is payback for her making fun of Cream and Marine. Maybe this is how karma is delt with, at least in this scenario. Blaze slumps with the couch accepting absolute defeat, which she already has not physically though, so this is a full physical omission of accepting defeat. She has a crush on Amy Rose, who has a pretty name and is pretty herself.

                Why doesn't Marine want to tell her anything? Is it something she did? Did she do something wrong? Cream goes through many possible things threw her head but nothing adds up for her. She keeps asking herself questions like that's going to help her. Why doesn't Marine trust her and what did Marine mean she was hopeless? Does Marine have a crush? Is she referring to home? Why won't Marine tell her? Cream still has no idea, absolutely none. So she goes back to her homework at least that distracts her for a bit. But as soon as she finishes, Marine pops back into her head. Blaze's words come to her, but she could care less. She needs to worry about Marine or Cream feels like she'll explode or implode or spontaneously combust! Cream has no idea how to solve any of this or how to get Marine to trust her, she hopes, all she can do is hope Marine trusts her. If not today, then tomorrow.