Home Again, Home Again

Cream and Blaze finally get home. Marine was dropped off before them. So they can see her walk sadly to her house. By herself. Cream and Blaze looks sad. They both simultaneously sigh and head to their home. They walk slowly up their driveway to the end of it, they now have achieved being home.

They walk inside their empty house. They take off their shoes as they enter and put them in the same place as they always do. They don't look at each other. Maybe it's because they're tired, maybe it's because they're upset at everything. Blaze turns on a light and flops down on the empty couch. While Cream goes up the stairs.

"Cream, do you want anything for dinner? Mom isn't going to be home for a while."

Cream sighs and turns teary eyed towards Blaze. This motion acts Blaze to become more aware and look concerned at Cream. Cream balls her fist.

"Do you have any idea how you made Marine feel?" Oh Blaze knows what's this is about.

"Yes. I didn't mean it. I couldn't have prevented it. I didn't know-"

"You didn't know? Seriously Blaze? That's your excuse? Marine is basically family! You get another friend for what? Marine is upset because you two JUST MET AND NOW YOUR ACTING LIKE SHE'S YOUR BEST FRIEND! What about Marine? Huh? What do you have to say for yourself?"

Blaze tries to say something but nothing comes to mind so she bends down to face away from Cream. She can hear Cream let out a frustrated noise and storm up the stairs. Blaze can't look up. She can't look at Cream. She can't go after her. Her body refuses to let her. She closes her eyes. She closes them for a while. Then Blaze opens her eyes again. Blaze begins crying.

Amy faints onto her bed. She stays there for a while. She adjusts her position every once in a while. But she stays in the same place. Soon enough, though. She's bored. She gets up and goes around. Settling on making herself a snake. Amy gets a small snack of deli ham and cheese. A good meal if she says so herself. She says nothing she eats, that's it. There's nobody to talk to anyways and she finds talking to herself boring and creepy.

The snack only bites up about five minutes of her time. Her parents aren't coming home or as far she knows they aren't. They go to too many meeting and too many places to ever be home that and parties. Amy hates parties. The social aspect she likes, the actually partying she doesn't. She refuses to go whenever she can, but that doesn't always work. It's been working more recently. Maybe her parents finally figured out that she doesn't want to go anywhere with them or found her too much of a liability.

She's there to look good isn't she? She needs a therapist, doesn't she? She keeps telling herself to stop saying those stupid things she hates about herself and her family. She needs help, doesn't she? This amount of isolation can't be good. She's tempted to text Blaze, but she restrains herself because she doesn't want to take up her time dealing with her and Amy's mistakes. Even if they didn't mean it, this situation still blows. It's horrible for all of them.

Amy keeps looking for anything to do. Anything possible. She can't find anything, like usual. She keeps look at her phone. Ignoring the nagging feeling the text Blaze and talk. To get somethings off her mind, to end this boring cycle that keeps going for her. She doesn't want to bug Blaze, she's probably already on the fence about her after what she did, even if it was the both of them and on accident. Amy still feels bad, really bad about this. Maybe there's someway she can make it up to Marine?

She ponders that, along with other things. At least she has things to think about now. Maybe that's all she need. A simple distraction but one that can last. One that can stick with her. Being able to overthink everything and taking the time to do so is a lot of time. Who knows? Maybe overthinking does something. But perhaps it does nothing at all and Amy is overthinking about the concept of overthinking or maybe she's thinking about all of this too much.

Vanilla arrives after a long day of work to two lights on and nobody eating or chatting. She actually hears... crying? She looks around and finds Blaze crying in her hands to herself on the couch. Vanilla stands there for a moment assessing the situation. She puts her hands on Blaze. Blaze turns with teary eyes and immediately looks away and cries more. Vanilla sighs and pats her on the back and rubs her back. Vanilla grabs some tissues and Blaze hastily takes them, wiping her tears away and blowing her nose. She eventually calms down and the crying becomes more sparse. Vanilla looks at her solemnly.

"Blaze. What happened?"

Blaze sniffles

"I...I-I'm so sorry! Cream is mad at me because of Marine because I made her upset because I made a new friend and she's really nice but Marine was really upset about this! I though she would be fine with it but she wasn't and now Cream is mad at me for not being there for Marine! And I don't know what to do!" Blaze cries into her hands and blows a tissue again. She sighs and cries again and again. Looking teary eyed at her mom.

"I'll go talk to Cream."

Blaze sees her Mom walk up the stairs. She hears her knock on the door and the subsequent opening of the door. She hears some talking, some frustrated, some sympathetic. She hears sighing. She hears the door close. She hears one pair of footsteps come down the stairs. She sees her Mom walking down the stairs with a sad expression on her face.

"I'm going to make dinner, do you want any?"