Block It Out

"Do they seriously think I have feelings for her? I mean sure she's nice and kind and... I'm doing it again, aren't I?"

             Blaze sits on her bed and laughs to herself before closing her eyes and seeing Marine's Mom again. Yeah, that's still happening. Maybe she should go back downstairs to the others to distract herself. Blaze decides against that due to her still hearing them laughing and goes to the bathroom. Blaze washes her face and looks in the mirror. She looks all around her. Nothing has changed. It's all still the same. Eerie similar. Nothing has really changed here. Blaze closes her eyes and sees it again and then opens her eyes and sees it again. She knows her mind is playing tricks on her. But no matter what it seems, it won't go away. Blaze goes out to the hall and looks down the stairs and then heads down there. Where Marine and Cream have resumed talking by themselves to each other. Blaze finds it nice as she sits down on the chair across from them. They notice her, laugh a little which Blaze scoffs at then continue their conversation to each other.

               Their conversation serves as background noise for Blaze as she feels she no longer has any energy, like it's all been taken out of her. Maybe she used what little she had from barley sleeping. So she sits there trying to regain energy once again. While Cream and Marine are talking about something she doesn't hear. At least she knows they're talking about something. Maybe it is silence and her brain is filling her world with chatter. But she doesn't care at this point, it's nice and calm. Blaze doesn't mind it. Blaze fades into her seat. She lets the comfort consume her. Soon enough she falls asleep.

                She awakens in the same chair. Cream and Marine are gone. The door is wide open. Everything looks off. It has a touch of green to it, dark green. Almost brown but not quite. Blaze goes out the door. To see empty space around her house. She walks down the sidewalk. The only other thing on the little green island she's on is Marine's house. She walks out to it. Going on the grass to the house which is closer than usual. Making them the only two houses in, well, anywhere.

                Blaze looks at the house from the front. She really doesn't want to go in. She smells the same smell the did. But despite her better judgment, she enters anyway. Looking for answers. It's worse inside everything is twisted except for the living room and that door. She breathes to herself to hopefully gain some strength. She walks down the living room, it twists more. Finally, she opens the door. Nothing's there. It's empty. She walks back out, nothing. She walks outside, nothing changes. She goes back inside, nothing changes. She goes back to her home, she looks everywhere. It starts to shift back to normal, Blaze goes over to the chair she was at earlier and sits. Everything slowly shifts back, until.

                She wakes up. Cream and Marine are back still talking. Blaze is confused now with a groggy feeling probably caused by her nap. She looks around, everything is normal. She thinks. Blaze gets up not noticed by Cream or Marine. She puts on her shoes and goes outside. The two look at her as she walks out. Blaze walks down the sidewalk to her road. It looks the same as the day she got here. She looks down the way at Marine's house, it remains untouched.

                "Blaze?" Blaze turns around to the voice, it's Cream's.

                "Are you okay?" Cream asks with a concerned Marine behind her.

                "Yeah, just... a weird dream."

                "...what was it about?" Marine cautiously asks.

                "Give me a second to breathe."

                "Was it that bad?" Cream asks

                "No, just weird."

                "...Are you sure you're okay?" Cream asks for confirmation.

                ".....I have no idea." Blaze says looking at her hand.

                "We should probably go back inside." Cream relays to Blaze.

                "Yeah" Marine says

                "...sure." Blaze says and the three walk back into the house.

                "Blaze, what was it?" Cream asks as soon as they walk in and she shuts the door.

                "What?" Blaze questions

                "The Dream?" Cream says with an extremely concerned look on her face.

                "Green."

                "what" Marine says

                "Dark Green, Everything was Dark Green. It looked disgusting."

                "That was it?" Cream asks confused.

                "No, it was just weird." Blaze touches her head and sits back on the chair.

                "Why was it so weird?"

                "I can't describe it. It was so grimy and disgusting. Everything was green. Nothing else, nothing changed. Well except for a few things."

                "What changed?"

                "There were only two houses."

                "On our street?"

                "Only two houses."

                "Oh..."

                "Yeah."

                "Why's that weird?" Marine asks

                "The only other house was yours" Blaze says looking Marine dead in the face.

                "............" Marine's eyes start to water and soon enough she begins to cry. She goes to the kitchen for some paper towels. Marine is followed by Cream.

                 Blaze stands there. She silently puts on her shoes and goes outside all while Cream is comforting Marine. Blaze gets outside and starts to walk. Down the sidewalk. Down the road. To the house. She looks inside, it looks the same. Except for the police tape surrounding it. No cops are here today. Blaze looks in, the door is open.

                 The house feels colder than when she was and smells better, the other door is open, it isn't there. The room is empty. Blaze looks around for a bit. In the room, in other rooms. Most of the doors are open. She looks inside all of them. Nothing has moved since yesterday besides a few things in Marine's room. Eventually, Blaze leaves. Goes under the police tape and walks back to her house.

                 Blaze enters the house. Marine is crying in some tissues while Cream comforts her. Blaze takes her shoes off, getting the attention of Cream. Cream looks at her.

                  "Where did you go?"

                  "For a walk, sorry."

                  "It's fine, I get it."

                  "Thanks."

                  Blaze sits back down on the chair.