Luxury Loneliness

Blaze walks into her music class again, still no teacher. Nobody else, everyone left. She doesn't even know if this counts as a class anymore. There's no new note, nothing at all. Blaze should probably ask her guidance counselor about this but right now, she doesn't care. All she is now is alone and able to make music. She finally gets all she could possibly want out of music class and finally everything possible that she could possibly accomplish. Nothing comes to mind except everything that happened over the weekend. Everything seems to hit her like a truck. It all comes back, replaying in her mind, it's stuck in a loop. Over and over again. Again and again and again and again. Blaze can't get it out of her mind. That's that she's worried she can't get out of her head. That this will never end.

                Music is now the only escape she can try. The computer that Blaze is using has now turned on. She gets to work. Forcing her way into the program to use it and she starts. Making music and trying to perfect the music she has made. Trying and trying. Again and again. For nothing to come out of it. At least now she escaped and is now thinking about how hard trying to make music is. But eventually it comes back. Like it always does. Again and again. It never stops and it won't get out of her head. Blaze tries to distract herself again. Failing Miserably. Then going back to try again. At this point she could care less about any of this. She wants to dine and over with. That's not going to happen though. But she tries anyway. Again and again and again. Eventually she gives up. Slumping in her seat and sighing to herself. That women haunts her. Blaze doesn't even know or care about her! But she can't stop thinking about what she looked like when Blaze saw her. Blaze doesn't care. Blaze doesn't care. Blaze doesn't care. Blaze doesn't care. Blaze doesn't care. Blaze doesn't care. Blaze doesn't care.

                 The period ends and Blaze leaves. She goes down the halls to eventually arrive at the study hall. Behind Amy, she sits down at the table Amy is always and already at. Blaze sits down and immediately puts her head down. Amy looks at her, and goes down to Blaze's level.

                 "Blaze, are you okay?"

                 "No."

                 "...are you okay with telling me what happened?"

                 "I don't want to tell you."

                 "...why not?"

                 "It's too much."

                 "Okay, just let me know if I can help"

                 "Thank you."

                 Eventually the two get their homework done and talk together. Eventually the period ends and Blaze realizes that she hasn't started thinking about what happened ever since she started talking to Amy again. Blaze puts two and two together and talks to Amy some more. Enjoying herself and working out how she can avoid it all. If Amy's the key to stopping this, Blaze will happily take that chance. Amy notices that Blaze is more into the conversation now, which makes her happy. Blaze seems better, which is good. They walk to their normal spot for their last period. Where Marine, Tails, and Cream are all engaged into a conversation. Mainly Marine and Cream while Tails says something every once in a while. Blaze and Amy sit down. Blaze for once is still talking, not Amy. They continue to chat. Eventually Silver and Knuckles come and to Blaze's relief, they don't start conversations with them but with each other. Meaning she has Amy all to herself. Not because she likes Amy romantically or anything. But because she is her only distraction from all of this. Amy is just her best friend, correction. One of her best friends. Marine and Amy can both be her best friends, right?  Great, so two best friends. Maybe the only reason she can't talk to Marine is because Marine reminds her too much of everything that happened, so that's why Amy works and not Marine. That's all cleared up for Blaze now, so she keeps talking to Amy.

                  Unfortunately for Blaze, eventually Amy and Knuckles start talking. Blaze obviously doesn't know what she's doing because apparently to Knuckles she looks very peeved at him. Amy doesn't notice though, so Knuckles and Amy keeps talking but Knuckles eventually lets the conversation end on purpose because of Blaze, who's face lights up as soon as Amy starts talking to her. Knuckles leaves it and goes to talk to Silver again. The period ends as always and all the possible way, Blaze is talking to Amy. Making sure their conversation doesn't stop for anything or anyone. Amy is happy that Blaze seems to be more conversational than ever and happier with her. Amy can't help but feel glad. Eventually Blaze has to get on her bus and basically deflates. Which is noticed immediately by Cream and Marine. Who look confused at the display and then realize what is actually happening.

                  "What?" Blaze asks.

                  "It's extremely obvious Blaze, come on." Cream says.

                  "Yeah Blaze, come on" Marine says bouncing on the seat

                  "I have no idea what you two are talking about." Blaze says knowing exactly what they're talking about.

                  "Sure" Marine laughs.

                  "She's never going to admit it, is she?" Cream says.

                  "I can still hear you two."

                  The bus almost accidentally ends up stopping at Marine's house but nearly avoids it and to Blaze's relief, Marine doesn't notice. Then the bus goes to their home and they all get off. Marine says something about it feeling weird yet nice and Cream says she's too kind. Blaze thinks they say that or something like that. Seemingly she can't focus on anything. She's way too tired for that. They get into the house, go upstairs and Blaze collapses on her bed. While Cream and Marine laugh at her situation as she goes to sleep. Blaze is too tired and probably can't hear them anyways. Then the remaining two then remember their sleep situation, and decide to avoid that topic as much as possible. As neither of them want to ruin it with the other. So it seems that Blaze gets the last laugh, even if she's asleep and can't see it.