Three is a Trio, Four is a Team

Amy goes to her Art class. She sits down and begins to work, again. She struggles and struggles and doesn't get as far as she wants too. She wants this done and over with. Amy wants to be done with this. It makes no sense! This is impossible. But no matter what she tells herself, her hands keep on drawing and erasing, drawing and erasing, drawing and erasing, drawing and erasing, drawing and erasing. Again and again and again and again. Not getting anywhere closer to the final product. Amy keeps looking at the drawing up front, it taunts her. It hates her. It represents the impossible standard. It represents her possible failure, she doesn't want to fail. Amy wants to succeed. In spite of everything.

                Amy keeps going throughout the period. Maybe making progress? She can't really tell. So she keeps at it. Nonstop. It doesn't stop, she doesn't stop. The period seems to never stop. No end, like this project. It doesn't matter, Amy keeps pushing. Keeps going and tries her best. Her best doesn't seem to be even close to what is required. She wants this done and over with. Finished and destroyed. The bell rings. Guess she'll keep trying. She packs up her thing and doesn't even bother trying to communicate with her teacher. Amy walks out, wishing she never had to come back. She does and she will.

               Amy arrives at study hall deflated and frustrated. Blaze notices this and realizes why immediately. She tries to help Amy and help with her project. Like last period and all others before it, they can't crack the code. They try and fail. Draw and Erase. Think and talk. Brainstorm. They still can't get the way down. Again and again, trying and trying. For what? A passing grade. Success. Trial and Error, mostly error. They work on it almost all the time in this period. Saving 10 minutes to work on other homework. The two finish that, but they can't get the drawing right. Blaze is basically convinced that it's some kind of ruse or trick or illusion or equation. Doesn't matter, they don't even know what it is. That's another question to throw into the pile.

               The period ends. They silently agree to not carry this over to the eighth period. Too bad they have too.

               "You're that other girl in sixth period Art right? Amy Rose?"

               "...yes"

               "Nice to meet you, I'm Tails. I share that class with you... Do you have any idea how to do this project?"

               "No"

               Amy and Blaze had sat down waiting for the others to come when a small orange fox approached them. Introducing herself to the both of them.

               "Yeah, okay that's what I thought because me and my friend, Knuckles. The other one in the class. We can't figure it out either."

               "Is he here right now?"

               "Oh, Yeah, Knuckles!" Tails calls for him, a red echidna pops out from behind a wall and approaches the trio. Sternly and forcefully. Looking stern and stone faced.

               "Greetings, I'm Knuckles" he states with firmness, looking over the two sitting down and Tails who is short

               "...hello" Amy says cautiously, while Blaze looks at the two with confusion.

               "So we thought that you might want to put our heads together to see if we can figure this out together. Not Literally of course. That would hurt..." Tails pats her head

               "Are you sure there's even an answer? I've been working on this with Blaze" she points to Blaze "and we haven't been able to figure out anything. We haven't even gotten close to anything. We tried last period too."

               "...she's not in our class." Tails looks confused at the cat

               "...She's my friend, she's just helping me out with this" Amy says

               "Oh, sorry. My apologies. Well the offer still stands, would you two like to help us out with this... project?"

               "Why not at this point?" Blaze says looking at the drawing and tracing her finger over it, like she's trying to reveal its secrets or summon something.

               So the four agree to work and start to work at the puzzle. Tails and Knuckles sits across from Amy and Blaze. Eventually Cream and Marine arrive. They're confused by the addition of new people but understand eventually once Amy and Blaze explain the situation to them. Silver also comes and they explain it to them as well. All three understand and make their own conversation, apart from the four who are trying to crack this code. Tails, Knuckles, Amy and Blaze try to figure it out. Again, it seems impossible. They try and fail. They keep at it for most of the period though, as much as they can manage. They all admit to working on the project for multiple periods. Eventually they get tired of the project and all start talking about other things to distract themselves from this cursed project. Until Tails has to leave a bit early for some engineering project. The other three wave her off. Then the remaining three keep talking about stuff and anything else until the bell rings and the period ends and subsequently the day officially ends as well. Telling them basically, to leave.

               Then the two trios decide to go out and catch their buses. Not wanting to stay at school until tomorrow. They all talk throughout the halls. They all get on buses first Silver gets on his, then Knuckles gets on his, then Blaze, Cream, and Marine get on theirs, and finally, Amy gets on hers near the front. Concluding the day as they all sit down on their seats and eventually the buses roll out into the town. Towards all their homes to drop them off to start the evening. Leaving the school and hopefully that project to tomorrow when they can recover their strength. One can hope. One can try. One can fine. One can succeed. One can fail. One can promise. One can keep. One can go. One can stop. One can do. One can not. One can get. One can drop. One can. One can. One can. One can hope. Truly one can hope.