Pretender

Blaze is glad Amy's at school tomorrow. Not like Amy has ever been absent but just in case, Blaze is still glad she showed up at school. Thanking whatever she can. Amy is here and that's all that matters. The girl in question arrives as she always does. With Blaze getting in behind her and meeting her at their first class of the day. They sit next to each other. The two talk. About whatever comes to mind. It distracts Blaze, which makes herself happy. Anything to distract herself. It happens to be Amy. Something she already enjoyed doing, so now she can do something she enjoys while distracting and avoid the things she's trying to be distracted from and also avoid. It's a win-win situation, as far as Blaze can tell. At least for her and seemingly Amy too. So everyone here wins.

                 The duo continue to talk as the time passes before school officially starts for them and their first period begins. They repeat this pattern again with the next three classes before going to lunch. Like they always do. Then they head to their only seperate class of the day. Both of them hate this and are glad to see each other next period. Where they work on their homework and talk some more. They then go to their final period where they talk with others but mostly with each other, due to Blaze being so insistent to distracting herself. Amy is glad that they are talking, They continue this for the rest of the week, then the next and the next. Soon enough it's October. Blaze doesn't even notice until Amy begins to talk about it and what she's going to be for Halloween. Blaze listens despite having usually no interest in Halloween. At all, ever. To the humor of both Cream and Marine. Who make fun of her, but Blaze doesn't mind all that much actually, it still distracts her. She doesn't care if they think she's attracted to Amy. That's fine, she can live with that. Amy's nice, and thanks to her that day is now a distant memory. As far as she can tell. Who cares, Amy's here and Blaze can talk to her to distract herself from all her possible troubles. Amy is a good conversationalist, and Blaze can value that, especially now. So Blaze goes along and help herself, Amy is just glad Blaze is herself and comfortable around Amy. So wouldn't want the other to be uncomfortable about anything that she could easily prevent.

                  Apparently Blaze doesn't care about Halloween that much. Amy finds that out from Marine and Cream. So Amy discusses halloween with Blaze. Blaze seems interested in it, so now she has no idea what Marine and Cream are possibly talking about. As far as she's concerned Blaze likes Halloween as much as she does. Which makes Amy happy. Good for them. Blaze still doesn't care all that much, but now she cares just a bit more. Even if it's basically all for Amy. Now she actually cares what she's going for Halloween this year or at least now she knows what she's going to do this time. Maybe she'll follow Cream again, but at least now she can talk with someone about it. Not leave it in her mind for it to lead to nothing. She actually tells Amy the story, Amy laughs at it and tells Blaze how jealous she is that she doesn't have siblings. Blaze tells her it isn't all sunshine and rainbows.

                  "Yeah but it's nice to know what it could possibly feel like."

                  Blaze agrees with that and they go pass it. Amy and Cream get closer together. While Blaze and Amy's friendship basically came instantly, Amy and Cream's friendship seems more subtle and time consuming. Blaze watches the two interact every once in a while. It's nice to see. See two people she loves interact. Blaze doesn't even notice she used the word love for Amy as she's enjoying herself too much to even possibly care. Blaze watches Amy and Cream talk about flowers. Amy brings up roses.

                  "Isn't Rose your last name?" Blaze questions.

                 Amy pops her head up over to Blaze

                 "You know that?"

                 "We have most of our classes together, of course I know."

                 "Well the only reason I remember your name, is because of this" She pats Cream, who becomes confused and then catches on and  laughs at the presumed joke.

                 "Bad memory, I guess?"

                 "Oh yeah, Blaze. What's my last name?" Silver asks smugly.

                 "...White?"

                 Silver and all the others laugh. Amy tries to hold in her laugh but she can't manage. Blaze fake scoffs at Silver. But eventually she joins in at the laughter with the others. Eventually all of them calm down and Cream and Amy go back to their conversation.

                "So the reason why roses represent..."

                Blaze isn't even into the conversation that much, she's watching Amy at this point explain stuff about roses. Blaze is only really half paying attention. She doesn't care, Amy's good at talking. Who is Blaze to stop her?

                "I saw you staring at her." Cream says to Blaze when they get on the bus. Marine laughs as soon as Cream says that

                "We were making conversation."

                "Correction, Me and Her were making conversation. You were staring at her while we were making conversation."

                "I was just paying attention."

                "...sure, you were..." Cream says while Marine keeps laughing.

                The three get home and Blaze immediately goes to sleep again. Cream and Marine still have not figured out a better sleep schedule. Marine can't seem to sleep without Cream and Cream doesn't want to give her up and she wants to keep her safe. Blaze hasn't been making fun of them all too much, largely because they've been together all the time but also due to Blaze being super sleep deprived as she wastes all her energy on Amy or thinking about Amy or at least that's what the Marine and Cream joke all the time at Blaze's expense. But as soon as they get into bed together they stop talking and face away from each other, to avoid all the awkwardness that comes with sleeping in bed together.