First, Second, and Last

Cream wakes up early as she usually does. Leaving her bed, she gets up and looks around the room. A still sleeping Blaze in the bed across from here. Cream gets dressed and goes out the doorway for a new day. Today is another Saturday. Their second one for the new... can she still call this school year new? Whatever second weekend while in school for this year. No matter how wordy that was, she gets up and gets ready. Doing her normal morning chores. She opens the one window in the bathroom to look out into the world. She sees some birds, crows she thinks and smiles. Cream loves birds. They always seem to brighten her day. Cream continues to do her normal bathroom duties with the window open to get in some nice fresh air. She makes sure to close it or Blaze will be annoyed by it. Cream goes downstairs to her Mom who's making breakfast, pancakes. Cream like pancakes.

                 "Good morning sweetie."

                 "Morning Mom."

                 "How was your sleep?"

                 "It was good, yours?"

                 "Pretty good.... Cream. Can you wake up Blaze for me, I need to tell you two something."

                 "Okay!" Cream goes up to her and Blaze's bedroom to get Blaze.

                 "Blaze, wake up!"

                 "It's Saturday. Let me rest."

                 "Mom needs to tell us something."

                 "...Fine."

                 Blaze gets up looking disheveled while Cream heads back downstairs. Vanilla seems to be packing something.

                 "Blaze will be ready soon!"

                 "Oh! Good, good. Thank you Cream."

                 Soon enough Blaze comes down to the rest of her family.

                 "Hey Mom."

                 "Hello, sweetie."

                 "...didn't you want to tell us something?"

                 "Oh, yes! You two, I will be gone for the day because someone called in sick for my job. I need you two to make sure you clean the house up. Also Blaze, don't let Cream hog all the chores it's bad for her."

                 "Yes Ma'am!" Blaze says with a fake salute.

                 "Aw Man." Cream says kicking dust.

                 "Alright, I have to leave...... now. See you two later! Love you!" Vanilla says walking out the door.

                 "...okay! Let's get this done!"

                 "Yeah! Wait... shouldn't we pace ourselves?"

                 "What?" Blaze says over an already active vacuum cleaner.

                 Cream and Blaze clean the house as per their mother's wishes. Vacuuming, cleaning, dusting, wiping, washing, polishing, sweeping, cutting...cutting?

                  "Cream what did you just cut?"

                  "I may have accidentally cut the carpet."

                  "...How do you accidentally cut the carpet?"

                  "...I don't know."

                  "You didn't cut too much... I think we'll be fine, or at least I will since I didn't do that."

                  "Oh, okay, good." Cream says pumping her fist up with the scissors.

                  "I'm just going to take these." Blaze says taking the scissors and carpet clipping, putting the carpet clippings on the ground and the scissors in a drawer.

                  The two continue to clean. So when they finally finish it's only 12:00pm, noon. The two sit on a couch.

                  "What do we know?"

                  "We can see if Marine's free. Can you text her?"

                  "Already on it." Cream gets on her phone and quickly texts Marine.

                  "Now we wait." Cream says as she put the phone down and her and Blaze wait. Cream's phone buzzes not too late after. To the shock of Cream but not too Blaze.

                  Marine: Can't come over right now, something weird is going on

                  "So, what did she say?"

                  "Something about she can't come becuase something weird is going about her place?"

                  "Like, what?"

                  "I'll...text her, I guess."

                  Cream: What?

                  Marine: I have no idea, weird smell is coming from my parents room

                  "Apparently a weird smell is coming from her parents room."

                  "That's it? Weird smells happen all the time."

                  Cream: What does it smell like?

                  Marine: Like Death

                  "She says it smells..."

                  "...like what?"

                  "...death."

                  Blaze gets up instantly, gets her shoes on and rushes to Marine's house, Cream cautiously follows her. Blaze arrives first, she goes to open the door. It opens. This is the first time she's been in Marine's house and immediately she smells it. She cautiously opens the door. She hears Cream behind her but Cream immediately goes back outside and throws up.

                  Blaze walks through the house, past the living room to what she presumes is Marine's parents room. Cautiously she tip toes on the hard floor and onto the door. Quietly and Carefully, she opens the door. Blaze opens the door, she sees what's behind it. She screams.

                  "Alright, that's all the questions we have for you, thank you for answering."

               The police officer walks off to others while Blaze, Cream and Marine wait on a bench. Police tape litters the scene. Cream sees a car pull up, she recognizes it as her and Blaze's Mom's. Vanilla proceeds to get out of the car wide eyed, looks directly at Blaze and Cream. She goes over to the police and asks a question, the police officer nods their head and Vanilla goes under the tape and goes up to Cream and Blaze and hugs them. Cream takes the hug while Blaze stays catatonic. Vanilla stops and goes over to Marine and hugs her, Marine starts to cry.

                Marine decides to stay at the Rabbit's home. She stays in Cream and Blaze's room. As they go to sleep. Marine and Cream are snuggled up with each other. While Blaze stays awake in her room, she stares at the wall. Marine and Cream stay asleep while Blaze can't go asleep, she looks to the two and then back at the ceiling and the back to the wall, she looks anywhere. Blaze gets up to get a glass of water. When she gets downstairs, she's alone. Blaze gets her glass of water. She looks all around the kitchen, looking for an answer. She can't find it.

                 Blaze goes back upstairs, back to her room. Back to her place. She stays awake. Finally, which she thanks for. All she sees as the first thing when sleep hit her is the face of Marine's mother. Exactly as she saw it when she entered that room. She would jolt awake if she wasn't already acquainted with it so well in her mind. She can't stop thinking about it. The face haunts her. She knows this won't go away. The best she can do is pretend everything is okay. Trying her absolute hardest.