Simple Questions

Marine throws up while Blaze looks surprised yet unfazed at the scene before her.

            "We should've called the police." With that Blaze shuts the door.

            "Thank you for your cooperation. This is very unfortunate, for all of you." The police officer says, Blaze doesn't know if he's the same one as before and honestly she could care less.

            "Thank you officer." Vanilla says as she closes the door.

            "What were you three thinking?" Vanilla says turning to the three kids with an obvious anger in her voice.

            "I wanted to know what the smell was Mom, nobody was doing anything about it!" Blaze says aggressively and offended.

            "You should've told me and I could've taken care of it." Vanilla states matter of factly.

            "...Fine." Blaze relents, pretty quickly.

            "You three should head back to bed now."

            "Alright." Blaze says and heads ups back upstairs followed immediately by Marine and Cream.

            "So how was seeing your first dead body?"

            "Blaze!"

            "I'm only asking, Marine?"

            "I honestly wish it was my Mom's, not whoever that was"

            "Fair enough. Well, good night."

            Blaze turns off her light and goes to bed. While Cream comforts Marine until they also get to sleep.

              The Three go to school tomorrow. The only one shaken up is Marine, who basically refuses to leave Cream's side and Cream doesn't really have a reason to not go to school so she takes Marine with her. Blaze doesn't seem to care that much. Seemingly.

              She did have a new variation of the dream yesterday. Instead of just her and Marine's house. The car was also there. In plain sight. She looked inside everything looked like it did as far as she could tell. Some details look smudged and off-putting. It was green shaded on the inside. Even the black windows were more green now. Blaze woke up in the middle of the night, and sighed to herself before going back to bed.

              Marine seems to get herself together by the time they get to school. Blaze feels bad for her, of course she does, but besides the obvious it was something Marine wasn't used too and she and Blaze obviously have different ways of coping. Very obvious, but Marine's okay, for right now so Blaze doesn't think about it all too much.

              "Any word from your parents?" Blaze asks Amy. She's smiling. Which makes Blaze smile a little bit more.

              "Great news actually! My Dad came home today!" Amy replies.

              "That's great to hear, what did he say?"

              "He said that he was sorry for leaving me home and not responding to any of my texts?"

              "What about your Mom?"

              "...Nothing about her. I was too excited by my Dad."

              "You should definitely ask him about that."

              "Fair enough... How was your night last night?"

              "...How do I put this?....... I saw a dead body."

              "...What?"

              "Yeah, I probably shouldn't tell you much more."

              "Blaze? Are you alright? You seem awfully calm about this?"

              "It's not the first dead body I've seen-"

              "What?" Amy says softly, Blaze can't help but feel bad.

              "It wasn't too bad? I'm fine, don't worry. Happy that you have your Dad back." Blaze says. Amy's look or concern turns away.

              "...I guess, if you're sure. But tell me if anything happens, Okay?"

              "Totally!"

             "Anyways... We have school off tomorrow, I'm happy I get to celebrate Christmas."

            "Me too, Christmas is a nice holiday, I assume you enjoy it a lot too Amy?"

            "Yeah, well when I can spend it with someone, so my Dad being home is good for this time of year."

            "Glad to hear."

            Blaze and Amy continue on with their classes. Nothing out of the ordinary happened, thankfully, for the both of them. Neither of them mind, Amy is concerned for Blaze while Blaze is relieved for Amy. A complete reversal of the past month. But now instead, Amy is still panicking and Blaze is still calm. The other way around now. Doesn't matter as they get to lunch and Marine is still nervous from last night.

            "What's up with you?"

            "Silver, do you ever get tired of asking questions?" Blaze asks and the white hedgehog shuts up.

            "Marine, are you okay?" Amy asks

            "No" Marine says then goes back to letting Cream hug her and making sure Marine is alright, especially considering the rest of the day. Blaze and Amy go back to talking to each other with now Amy worrying about Marine who seems a lot more shaken up about the incident than Blaze. The rest of the day flies by. Two more periods, one together then one separate then a study hall and one more, then the day is done. Buses come and buses go, people get dropped off and then go home. Marine seems fine though. So that's good news, Blaze hopes she isn't only suppressing it. Blaze hopes Marine is okay. She honestly hopes.

           Blaze is not. That night she does something stupid, she goes back out and looks at the car. Maybe it's morbid curiosity. Too bad that Blaze forgot that curiosity always seems to kill the Cat. Blaze doesn't care. Getting a solid picture of the entire car, by going inside. Then going back into her house without making a sound, then going back to bed. Where she dreams the night away, with ironically, no nightmares. At least, as far as she can remember. She really hopes that she didn't have a nightmare she can't remember.

           Friday is a simple day off, like the rest of them. Nothing changes and everything works as it usually does. Nothing happens. Amy spends the day with her Dad who seems to be more attentive and attached than normal, but Amy doesn't care, she is happy that he's here and nothing is wrong. She forgets to ask about her mother. Blaze is still concerned for Amy, and Amy is still concerned for Blaze. They worry about each other for the entire day, waiting for Christmas Eve and Christmas itself. The day is normal, yet strange and weird. Blaze has a nightmare again. Green, house, car, other house. Her new normal. She already hates it and nothing will change that opinion. She's already dead set. For Christmas all Blaze wants is for something to change in her dreams.