Americ anThanksgiving

The Day before Thanksgiving. Amy makes sure she's all good and nothing she can screw up or make worse. She's over prepared for this. But better to be over than under prepared. Right? Whatever, doesn't matter. She'll be fine. That's at least what she tells her self. Until she arrives on the day and all the confidence shatters. Almost instantly. Sure she's been to Blaze's house before but this is for more than hanging out. She takes a breath then knocks on the door. Almost instantly the door opens.

              Blaze wants to make sure this day goes perfect and smoothly. Nothing less. She waits at the door for at least 30 minutes before Amy shows up. Vanilla keeps working, attempting not to acknowledge her daughter's weird behavior. Cream and Marine however.

              "Blaze, stop waiting for your girlfriend." Cream says to her sister.

              "You did the same thing!" Blaze whisper- shouts back to her.

              "It'll be fine if you aren't exactly here when she comes." Cream says.

              "Mom's busy and I'm definitely not letting either of you two open this door to greet her."

              "What's the worst we could do?"

              "You know exactly what."

              "Come on Blaze, it will be fine" Marine says.

              "Look just let me have this." Blaze says.

              "Fine. Marine lets go." Cream says walking to somewhere else.

              "Good luck with your girlfriend Blaze!" Marine says a bit too loudly for Blaze's comfort. But at this point she could care less.

              Amy does come shortly. To Blaze's relief. Blaze hears a knock and answers the door. Then she sees Amy and her heart almost skips a beat. Why does she look so beautiful if she looks exactly the same? Blaze manages to stumble out a few words.

               "Is it the dress? I thought it was too much" Not before Amy does though.

              "No, it's fine. You just look great." Blaze manages to say. Still looking at Amy.

              "Oh well thank you."

              "...You should probably come inside."

              "Okay"

              Blaze ushers Amy in and instructs her on everything that has already happened. Not too much, how long until the meal is ready and any possible things Amy might need to look out for. Like Cream and Marine. Hypothetically speaking and for the sake of transparency.

               Of course Cream and Marine are on their best behavior in front of Amy. Blaze is still skeptical of them so she keeps close to Amy. Not like Amy minds at all, she doesn't even notice how clingy Blaze is to her. She goes around with Blaze talking about Blaze's house.

              Cream and Marine actually have no plan contrary to Blaze's belief. Instead they allow Blaze to get paranoid. Perfectly going along with Amy, too scared to leave her side. Getting them together with nothing else in the way. Honestly Cream is surprised how perfect it's going. Even if she teases her sister a lot she will get those two together. Maybe it's so Blaze can be happy. Doesn't matter, it's working for now.

             When the meal is served all of them sit down together. Immediately everyone begins eating. Except for Amy.

             "You guys don't say Grace?"