Novemberish

The five decide to stay silent about that night. Not knowing what happened and not wanting to talk about it. Tails leaves with her parents first, then Cream and Marine and Blaze walk home. Amy stays at her house and goes to bed.

            The trio gets home. To a dark house, Vanilla probably went to sleep earlier. They try to not make noise. Eventually all of them go to bed and sleep until Tuesday comes and they all have to wake up and get ready for the day. They do their normal routine, nothing changes. The bus comes, they get on. Then head to school. The day is normal as well. Despite the abnormality of yesterday.

            "So about last night"

            "Which part?"

            "Thank you"

            "You're Welcome."

            Amy and Blaze talk more normally after that. This carries on until lunch comes. Silver is here, tired as ever.

            "I ate too much candy."

            "Did you even get any sleep?" Blaze asks Silver who is on the lunch table, flat as a board. Holding onto the last amount of energy they have left

            "No" Silver puffs out

            "Makes sense, what did you even d- and they're asleep." Blaze says looking back to Silver who's eyes are closed and he's breathing in and out slowly.

            "Wow, he's out" Marine says while she pokes him

            "Cold." Cream says looking at the scene before her.

            "Whatever, seems like we weren't the only ones affected by Halloween." Blaze states looking at Silver, still out.

            "Are we going to talk about that?" Amy asks cautiously

            "Nope" Marine states

            "No." Cream says following Marine.

            "I guess not." Blaze says.

            Amy shrugs and goes back to her lunch, like the rest of them, minus a sleeping Silver, who doesn't even have a lunch. Lunch ends. If the monotony hasn't hit anyone yet, it has now. Blaze who already relized it, is feeling it tenfold. She tries to distract herself from it. By doing one thing she always enjoys, making music. So she tries that again, and again. Putting anything down. Blaze gets frustrated. She's stuck in the monotony. But she doesn't care much for that or blaming things out of control. It makes her feel powerless and insecure about herself. Blaze hates this feeling of stagnation. She wishes she could actually do something about it instead of complaining to herself and nothing else.

             It hits everyone. Especially while alone. Amy feels like crap in Art class, even with Knuckles and Tails. Not like they talk. Amy's not sure they're even allowed to talk. Not like matters, she's doesn't feel like communicating. Not because of anyone but because of this stupid project she has to do and she can never get right. Nobody can seem to get it right. Every steps forward still has a thousand more ahead of it. The project hits her again and again. Maybe it's fruitless. Maybe she is being pranked or this is all a social experiment. At this point, she rather that be the case than this actually being real and having to constantly deal with it, again and again with no end goat or purpose. She honestly hates this project. She wants it out and gone. As soon as it's finished, she's going to burn it, or tear it up, or crinkle it up until it's nothing. Like how she feels. How this project treats her. How it makes her exist in this state.

            Study hall feels different. Maybe it's the calm after the storm. Neither Amy nor Blaze care, their happy to see each other. They start to do their homework again, like usual. The two enjoying this stagnet and nice part of the day. Despite it still being homework.

            "This is easy" Amy states

            "No it isn't." Blaze flatly expresses.

            "Shapes are simple, didn't you pay attention in geometry?" Amy questions, smiling and almost laughing to herself

            "I almost failed because I was so bad at it!" Blaze complains in a joking manner.

            Then they finish that and talk.

            "That haunted house thing was weird, right?"

            "Yeah obviously." Blaze pauses to think

            "They were obviously scared, though. I have a hard time believing it was completely fake. You saw how they looked at that empty space." Blaze relays.

            "It just doesn't add up"

            "Well I have no idea. Maybe it was magic or something."

             "That's as good as a theory we're going to get, huh?" Amy questions looking at Balze

             "Yup."

             The two finish their study hall and head to their eighth period. They get to their usual spot first. Followed by Knuckles, then Tails, Cream and Marine. All of them sit down.

             "Where's Silver?" Knuckles asks

             "They went to the nurse's office." Cream relays, Knuckles nods in understanding

             "So, how was your guy's Halloween?" Knuckles asks nonchalantly, to the discomfort of everyone else.

             "Bad." Tails says with a scared look on her face.

             "How bad?" Knuckles asks not noticing the face the fox is making

             "Haunted houses." Cream flatly states, Tails and Marine nod quickly in agreement.

             "Oh I remember those, my Dad used to make those all the time. He would rent out an empty lot. Then scare some kids then quickly dismantle the shakey structure so when they came back, they were even more freaked out" Knuckles laughs at that one

             The rest of the table looks confused at the echidna. Who laughs.

             "How is that even possible?"

             "I saw it myself, really impressive!" Kncukles keeps laughing. While everyone else looks at each other again.

             "Does your Dad still do these?"

             "...I don't know." Knuckles ponders to himself for a bit.

             Everyone besides Knuckles (who is still laughing to himself) looks at each other again. All of them have the Same confused and questioning expression on their faces. They back to Knuckles (who is still laughing) then back to each other, still confused.

             Everyone leaves after the period ends and gets on their buses and makes the journey home. Another day, complete. To the relief of everyone except Silver, who is home, sick. Being scolded by his parents and having their candy taken away from them. Fair enough, they think.