There's a reason for the Thanksgiving Season

Tuesday is here. The last day of the two days before thanksgiving. Waking up is normal. Like every day. Every. Single. Day. Like usual. Normal as ever. Nothing Changing. Like usual. Blaze gets up like she always does. Probably too late and not ready for the day at all. So, normal. She gets out of bed and goes to do her morning preparations.

            After that, Breakfast. Her Mom isn't here, jobs are complex. Not really, but really at the same time. Doesn't matter, she's not here. Blaze had the same nightmare again, like usual. The fact that nothing changes is more discomforting than the face that anything could happen. If anything she wants something to happen so she can be afraid of it and move on. But her nightmares won't let her do that.

            School bus comes after a bit. They're already out there. It's gotten colder, but not too much. Maybe a jacket is needed now. Depends on who you are and how cold it is for the day. It isn't too cold but colder if that makes sense. November is like this anyways. Even if it's not Winter yet, the last few days of November and the first few days of December will at least remind you that it's coming soon.

            School is normal. At least it should be.

            "What are you doing for Thanksgiving?"

            "Nothing"

            "...What?"

            "We have no family here and I'm sure my parents are going to a party soon so... yeah, nothing" Amy then goes back to normal while Blaze gives her a confused look

            "Your parents won't stop partying? Even for holidays?"

            "They stop, sometimes"

            "Oh... Well why don't you come over to our place?"

            "...Really?"

            "Yeah! Of course!"

            "I don't want to be a bother"

            "You're. Not. I'm going to ask my Mom right now."

            "Wait! Are you sure?"

            "She already said yes" Blaze says holding her phone in front of Amy

            "Well guess I have to go now"

            "...You really don't have to if you don't-"

            "Nononono, I want to come, thank you" Amy interrupts Blaze

            "Alright."

            "Seriously?"

            "What?"

            "You invited her to thanksgiving?"

            "I don't see the problem."

            "So she's not your girlfriend yet you invite her to your house on the holidays?"

            "Is this any different than you bringing Marine in for some holidays?"

            "No, but look what happened to us, we're dating now."

            "Who says I wasn't going for the same thing?"

             Cream pauses while Blaze smiles and Amy comes back to the lunch table so Cream can't get any possible follow up. She looks at Marine who has a surprised look on her face. Cream sighs and goes back to eating her lunch.

             The rest of the day goes smoothly. Despite Amy's mood at first, she is very excited to go to Blaze's thanksgiving. Now she's worried about everything else that could go wrong with that plan. How can she mess this up?

              It's not like she's thinking this on purpose. The thought comes up and doesn't go away. That's probably something she should work on. But she doesn't think about it too much. Art Class she's too busy thinking about how much she hates this stupid project and in study hall she's thinking of how nice of a friend Blaze is. In her eighth period she's thinking about her friends and chatting with them. She only starts to think about everything when she gets on her bus. Ending her school day on a overthought moment.

             "Does she have any dietary restrictions?" Vanilla asks Blaze about Amy.

             "Nope." Blaze responds.

             "How do you know that off the top of your head?" Cream says and laughs.

             "I asked her the first time we... hung out."

             "Sure if that's what you want to say it was" Cream says smugly grinning at Blaze while Blaze gives her a glare.

             "Are you going to have enough food for all of us Ms. Rabbit?" Marine asks

             "Absolutely, don't even worry about that."

             "See? Everything's good, as long as you two don't do anything." Blaze says, staring at them before going into the living room. The two in question smile at her doing nothing else.

            Blaze goes to bed happy but still cautious about Cream and Marine. They are definitely planning something or trying to do something. Blaze absolutely won't stand for it or tolerate it, now all she needs to do is actually figure out what if at all what they're doing. So she goes to sleep to wake up early to make sure nothing goes wrong or is messed up by those two. She loves them and they love her. But honestly they can cause havoc when they want to.

             Nobody's home, like usual. Not that Amy minds this time. She has a meal to plan for. Getting out the perfect clothes for it. Doing everything in her power to not mess it up. She doesn't want to mess up especially for Blaze, she's already done so much for her. She wants this to at least end up good if not perfect. Maybe she's asking for too much, but all she can do is hope. She'll hope. She'll hope all she can.

            But not only hoping. Trying to make it good. Trying not to mess it up. Practicing for anything that could happen. She overdoes it, but at least she's self aware enough to acknowledge it? Thanksgiving has to be perfect, maybe not perfect but she should at least not mess up. That's the least she can do. Not cause any problems. Amy goes to sleep that night hoping everything will go well and be okay.

           She had a nightmare that night. Surprisingly nothing to do with the day. It's about her parents. She imagines them never coming home one day. Leaving her here in the house, never to return. She doesn't get too far before waking up and crying to herself. Then trying to go back to sleep and attempting to hide herself with her blankets. She cries until she falls asleep. Not waking up until she has to.