Another Day Finished

A day comes, a day goes. Cream and Blaze walk into their house where their mother is waiting for them. She smiles at it seems they are getting along again. Cream goes upstairs to do some homework while Blaze sits at the Kitchen Table.
"Dinner will be ready soon!" Vanilla says in a sing-song tone to Blaze. Blaze smiles at that. Vanilla then turns to Blaze with a happy but curious smile on her face.

"So, I assume you and Cream worked whatever that was out?"

"Yes. We did."

"Good, good, good.... So who's this Amy person I'm hearing about?"

"A friend."

Vanilla gives a knowing smile.

"Just a friend?"

"I mean she's very nice...... what are you implying?"

"Nothing! Nothing...you just went out of your way... a lot for her. Soooooooooooo. Never mind!"

Blaze gives her a confused look. Sure Amy is nice to her. But what does her Mom mean by 'JUST a friend?' Sure she's nice, intelligent, diligent and pretty. So what? Blaze has no idea what her Mom is talking about. What is she implying? While Blaze thinks about that Vanilla keep preparing and eventually finishes supper for the three of them.

Blaze keeps thinking while eating dinner. While Cream and Vanilla talk about their respective days to each other. Vanilla looks at Blaze like she caused something. She doesn't seem too worried though and keeps talking to Cream. They recount stories from their days all while Blaze is still entrenched in though. They finish dinner and go to do the dishes. Blaze does get up but in thought. She still doesn't get what her mom means.

They do the dishes together in the sink. That takes them a bit, but eventually it's finished. They go out to the living room to sit down and rest from the day. Cream goes back up to finish her homework. Leaving Vanilla and Blaze to themselves. Vanilla looks at Blaze who is still deep in though.

"Blaze, are you okay?"

"Yeah... just in thought." Blaze mumbles out.
Vanilla kinda has a hint of what's going on. The gears in Blaze's brain are turning. Finally she gets something out after what feels like forever to Vanilla.

"What did you mean by that?"

"By what?"

"What you said about me and Amy. What did you mean by saying 'JUST a friend'?" Blaze really emphasizes the 'just' in the repetition of Vanillia's sentence.

"Oh! just a bit of teasing." Vanilla says and does a little giggle.

"Teasing?" Blaze questions and Vanilla turns to head asking a questioning look to the question.

"Oh, you know. Like, hmmmm. How do I put this?" Vanilla ponders while Blaze look at her extremely confused.

"I just thought. That, you know. You liked her?"

"I do like her?"

"Oh, well Um. Like in a romantic way?" Blaze short circuits.

"...." Blaze hangs with her mouth open with a shocked and questioning face.

"Blaze?"

"...do I like her?"

"Are you okay, Blaze?"

"... Sorry, that was a shocking question, Mom"

"Oh! Sorry Blaze! I probably shouldn't ask those types of questions! After all, you two just met!"

"...yeah" Blaze says followed by a nervous laugh.
Vanilla starts laughing too at the situation.

"I'm going to go to the bathroom" Blaze says while Vanilla still laughs. Blaze goes up to the Bathroom past her and Cream's room and her Mom's room and into the bathroom at the end of the hall. Where she opens the door and shuts it. Blaze sits on the floor.

"...Do... I like her?"

Amy arrives home to a Empty house with nobody except herself in it. Like usual. Maybe if she was an introvert she would like this. But she's cursed with being an extrovert. So she stops thinking and puts her school stuff in her bedroom and then leaves to the kitchen where she makes some food for herself. She microwaves the food and sits down at a table. Amy eats her food by herself in the dining room. Like usual. Slowly to savor it and to make the most time to pass for herself.

Amy eventually finishes her meal and then waits and waits and waits and waits. Waiting for the day to melt away. She bides her time until she finds an appropriate time (she thinks) to get ready for bed. She gets up at the end of the day to finally finish the day. To end it. To kill it. To absolutely obliterate it. But today was good for her. Today was good. She hopes it was at least. It was good, thanks to them.

Marine arrives home to thankfully no parents. She rushes to her room to avoid anyone and makes it there in record time. She finishes the little homework she has. Just in time for her Mom to come home and hear her slump onto the couch and turn on the TV and then fall asleep on the couch. A routine that persists and has persisted for a few years. Cream likes her Mom's routine more than her Dad's even though he barley shows up. He 'works' a lot. Marine does it know what he actually does, if he does anything at all. She doesn't know if he makes anything or does anything. That doesn't matter at least right now, she doesn't care enough, she wants shelter for herself.

Unfortunately her Dad comes home too. His routine is a bit more diverse. He gets home, sees her mom on the couch. Loudly grunts and goes upstairs. Marine turns her lights off, hopefully in time. Apparently she has, she doesn't want to talk with him. He's so mean. He opens the door, grunts again and then slams the door. He goes into his and Marine's mom's room and slumps on the bed and falls asleep. Marine turns her phone on, eventually she finds what she's looking for, Cream's number. She starts to text it. Cream instantly reponds. They have a nice conversation until Cream falls asleep which makes Marine fall asleep. Where she will stay still unto the next day comes for her.