A Sunny Day

Amy's parents decided they're religious again. This will probably last for this week only, but she still has to go to church now. Amy gets out her Sunday best and goes downstairs where her parents are rushing. Telling her to get into the car, she grabs a bottle of water and goes into the car.

                  She waits for a long time. Mind numbing herself into waiting. Her parents aren't ready for another 10 minutes before they hop into the car and the family goes to church. Backing out of the driveway fast and dangerously, with her Mom taking the wheel. While her Dad anxiously guides her around the driveway and out into the street, which, thank God, is empty.

                   The drive is mainly uneventful for them, it only contains more rushing. Amy's Mom is surprisingly a good driver or maybe it's the pressure getting to her. Doesn't matter, they make it into church on time. Rush into the unfamiliar church and sit down in time for the sermon to begin.

                   They push into an empty back pew and sit down. Amy watches comically as her parents try to shut everything they have on them off before any of it rings and makes them the center of attention. Then they relax and listen to the sermon told by a pastor that none of them know and as far as they know is telling them all the wrong things. Not like Amy's parents are concerned, consistently doesn't matter for them much anyways.

                    The Pastor rambles on and on about God and such. It's not like Amy can figure out what any of it means, she only goes to church once every few months, if even. So she remains, in a pew, listening to a pastor ramble on and on about who knows. Everyone else here seems disinterested as them. Everyone looks like their waiting to get out of her so they can continue with their life.

                   It doesn't matter right? Yeah it doesn't. The Pastor rambles on and on and eventually. Thank God. Concludes and ends the message. Most of the people get out almost immediately. Amy and her family stay. Waiting for confession.

                  "Forgive me Father for I have sinned."

                  Amy's Father goes first. Amy and her Mom stay back until after her Dad is finished. They don't talk or anything. They stand there waiting. An awkward silence comes upon both of them. Amy minds, her Mom doesn't. Eventually Amy's Dad comes back out, look refreshed and reassured of himself.

                  Amy's Mom goes in. At least her Father tries to make conversation, even if he can't hold one with her. Amy enjoys that at least he's trying. He asks about whatever he knows she does and he gives back one word answers until the conversation ends. At least he's trying, right? That counts? Right?

                  Amy's Mom takes a lot longer than her Dad did. Leaving as much empty air with Amy and her Dad as Amy and her Mom had, due to the short conversation. Eventually Amy's Mom comes out, looking the exact same. She goes up to Amy and ushers her out to the booth. Amy opens the door and goes inside and her Mom walks away back to her Dad.

                  "Hello young one." A new face appears

                  "Forgive me father, for I have sinned" Amy says the classic line

                  "What have you done?"

                  "Well..."

                  Amy takes the shortest amount of time and takes her notes from her Mom, walking out and not changing or at least seemingly not changing. Her Dad gives her an awkward wave and her Mom smiles a weird smile that Amy can't pin down. They walk out of the church and into the parking lot. It's noon now, a bit more sunny, beats down on them, giving Amy a nice warm feeling. They all go into the Car and drive home silently and with a lot less chaos the way back. Again, maybe her Mom is a good driver. Nobody talks all the way home. Not even a cough or a sneeze to break the increasingly tense atmosphere.

                  They arrive home and immediately Amy goes to her room and her parents go to theirs. Then they leave, announcing it to Amy by text which Amy responds to. They leave and then leave the house empty of anything besides Amy. Amy decides to take a nap to distract from her newly acquired loneliness.

                   "So explain to me, how wasn't that a date?"

                   "How was that a date?"

                   "You two went for ice cream, to go to a library and finished it all by sitting on a hill, watching a sunset. How is that not a date?"

                   "Well, it wasn't. So, um, back off."

                   "You went on the equivalent of three dates with her. Me and Marine haven't gotten that far." She mumbles that last part.

                   "Are you still on this?"

                   "Are you still in denile?" Cream says Smugly at the expense of Blaze.

                   "You are so lucky I can't kick you out of this room again."

                   "Admit it."

                   "There is absolutely nothing to admit, drop it."

                   "...you like her don't you?"

                   "That's it." Blaze goes out of their bedroom and into the bathroom. She locks the door behind her.

                   "Blaze! Open the door!" Cream shouts as she struggles to open the locked door.

                   Cream eventually has to get their Mom and explain the situation. Vanilla scolds Cream for annoying Blaze and promises Blaze that Cream will stop trying to assume that her and Amy are dating. Blaze refuses to come out unless Cream says she's sorry. Vanilla has to force her hand to get Cream to say that. After which Blaze comes out and goes into their room and flops on her bed. The other two follow her to find her in a deep trance of concern Too deep in thought to hear the other two trying to talk with her.

                    "I think I broke her."

                    "Yeah you did."

                    "How long until-"

                    "Eventually, she'll at least realize it. She's smart enough to realize it soon."