A Good Day?

Amy wakes up and feels abismal. She barely got any sleep. Worrying about everything and everyone. She worries too much. Amy tells herself that a lot it never seems to actually get to her though. So she remains the same as she always does a nervous yet outgoing mess of something? She doesn't know herself. Who cares? If anyone does, she probably doesn't know them. Why would they care anyways? They don't know her.

Others wake up. It's Friday, the end of the week. Usually seen as a good thing. Marine doesn't find it as such. She can only spend so much time at Blaze and Cream's house until her parents come for her to get her back. Sure, they usually don't care that much but Marine is always on edge about it. The weekend is a symbol of less freedom and more pain. A cage that she can never really escape, only temporarily.

Everyone eventually gets on the bus and goes to school. Everyone gets on time to school entering and going to their first period class. Amy waits for Blaze, her bus takes longer anyways. Amy doesn't care though, she's happy her bus is so quick for whatever reason. The only thing is that Blaze comes later so Amy has a wait a bit for her, Amy doesn't mind too much though.

Blaze gets into class and smiles at Amy who smiles back. They brace themselves for the day making chit chat.

"Excited for the Weekend?"

"Not that much..."

"Why not?"

"Nothing to do"

Blaze hopes for a weekend with nothing to do. Why is Amy so upset? Maybe it's differing opinions. They are different people after all. They keep talking until the bell rings and the tecaher starts class.

That class eventually ends and they make their way to second period.

"So nothing to do?"

"Yup..."

"What if... we... did something together?"

"...really?"

"...Yes?"

"Well, it's a date then!" Amy says a bit too loudly for Blaze's comfort, but Blaze doesn't care too much. Now they get to actually hang outside of school.

They continue to talk about the Wheres and hows. By the time lunch hits, they already have everything they need to do, it is completely planned out. So they sit at lunch satisfied and talking about other things. Only Cream is there, something about Marine talking a bit longer. Silver joins followed a bit by Marine who slumps onto the table and sadly picks at her food. She's completely deflated.

"What's Wrong Marine?"

"....Don't you ever get tired of asking stupid questions Silver?"

"...no" Marine places her forehead on the table and her face down. Silver goes to eating. Blaze looks at him disappointed. Cream looks at them with concern. Amy looks at Silver with complete shock.

"What?"

"Seriously? She's obviously in a bad mood. Even if you don't understand what's going on, some sympathy would be nice!"

To everyone's surprise, Amy says that. Silver looks shocked.

"...Marine, I'm sor-"

"Thank you Amy" Marine says before going back to her position. Silver looks down at their food and frowns and start eating again but very sadly. Blaze smiles at Amy, who notices it and gives a more reduced smile, but still a smile nonetheless.

Most of the day is more of the same. Amy works in Art class. Blaze in music class. They meet in study hall, do their homework together and chat. They do the same in eighth period. They wave bye to each other at the end of the day. Silver gets on their bus. Amy gets on her bus. Cream, Marine and Blaze get on their bus. Their buses drive home. Everyone on there seems to be excited for the weekend.

Even Amy's bus seems lively.

Everyone gets home, which seems like it's taking forever. But eventually all of them get off and get home.

Marine wishes it took longer. She walks into her house. It's empty, again. Good. She walks upstairs and into her room. She does her usual routine, nobody comes home. Good. Best case scenario. She notices that her parents bedroom door is still closed. Maybe one of them closed it accidentally? Who cares? She's alone, by herself.

Everyone else wants to get home, except also Amy. But she doesn't mind too much. She wants to prepare for the next day. She's happy for that. Her home is empty like usual. But there's a reason this time, both of her parents have parties to attend, and something about a birthday, if she remembers correctly. She's more happy to actually see them more than anything. They will probably be gone for the weekend and the following week, if she's lucky she'll see them next Friday or possibly even Thursday. That doesn't matter, she finally has something to do!

Blaze and Cream get home. Doing their usual routine, going up with Cream staying upstairs and Blaze going downstairs. Cream does her homework while Blaze looks at stuff to pass the time. Eventually Vanilla comes home and cooks dinner for the both of them. They eat it and then spend some time with their Mom in the living room, talking about their days. Nothing bad or out of place happens. Vanilla knows not to ask Cream about Marine. She'll probably cry again. So she asks Les broad question. She figures out about their days and tell them about her day. Cream goes up to the bathroom. The tension finally subsides and leave Vanilla and Blaze alone. Where Vanilla can ask her the big question.

"...So how is Marine?"

"Not too good."

Vanilla sighs and leans back in her chair.

"Um, Mom. Do we have anything planned tomorrow?"

"No, not as far as I know, why?"

"I was going to hang out with Amy tomorrow if that's okay?"

"Of course it's okay! I look forward to meeting her!"

"Thank you."

Today was a good day. For everyone. Yesterday may have been terrible, but at least today was good. Hopefully, the bad has passed. But that's hard to say. The bad truly is never over, isn't it? Bad is bad and good is good. Hopefully good will finally take place again, and bad will subsidize and reduce and hopefully. Best case scenario, never come back. Especially at full force.