Back to your regularly scheduled lunch

"Okay... so... that's me! Amy Rose!"

Cream smiles a bright smile and claps while Silver looks uninterested at her introduction and Marine looks suspicious at Amy. Blaze smiles at Amy, she does that a lot. Doesn't matter as Everyone now knows each other. Which is great, totally, totally great. Awsome. Just great. Fantastic. Positively Amazing. Terrific for everyone. Yup, totally, yup, yeah.... Everyone is silent now. An awkward silence. A very very awkward silence. Yeah, this is fantastic.
They sit there. Blaze not aware. Silver eating. Cream sitting and waiting. But most importantly of all: Marine staring at Amy extremely suspiciously. Which is probably the cause of this silence. Despite everyone noticing it except Blaze. Silver doesn't care. Cream does though. Amy seems nice, why is Marine so suspicious of her? She's usually not this distrusting. Especially towards people she just met. They continue in this awkward silence for another minute with nothing changing.

"Marine stop staring at Amy" Cream says

Marine looks embarrassed. Amy looks relieved. Blaze is confused. Silver is trying to hold a laugh. Cream looks disgruntled. They all go back to the way they were except Marine is no longer looking at Amy and Silver sometimes lets a little air come out sounding like a laugh. Blaze just shrugs it off as a weird thing that Marine does. Amy is very concerned for Blaze as that is the person she calls her best friend. Silver is still trying not to laugh. Cream and Marine have calmed down. They eat silently. Which makes the problem seem even more awkward.

They keep eating. Finally finishing and all slowly taking their trays to the sanitation station. Cream and Blaze take theirs first. Giving Marine time to glare at Amy before going after them. Silver just chuckles and give an empathetic stare towards Amy. One which Amy reciprocates towards him. He gets up and follows the rest. Amy isn't done, so she tries to finish it. But she still doesn't when Blaze gets back. Blaze goes back to her spot next to Amy. Silence commences.

"Sorry Marine was staring at you, she usually doesn't act like that."

"It's fine. I didn't mind it... too much"

"Okay. If you say so. But if she does it again, just tell me. I'll ask her what's going on."

"Thanks" Amy smiles at Blaze. Which Blaze reciprocates. Amy picks up her tray and goes to the sanitization station. She walks past Cream and Marine on her way there where she overhears a conversation.

"THEY JUST MET TODAY"

"That gives you reason to be skeptical of her"

"I KNow. it's just hard. Okay?"

Cream solemnly pats Marine on the back. While Marine looks sad and full of regret. Amy should address this, probably. Just not yet. She doesn't want to be on Blaze's best friend's bad side. At least not yet. After all Marine is right, they have just met. So Amy just puts her tray into the sanitation station and says thank you to the lunch lady who cleans all of their dirty dishes. She then heads back to the table to Blaze.

She sits there with all of them. Cream and Amy are trying to keep the peace. Blaze does not like what Marine is doing. Marine tries to avoid her gaze. She can't forever though. So they keep going. Until Marine thinks it's over, but it's not. Blaze gives her a disapproving and malicious stare, Marine immediately shivers away in fear.
Marine goes up to use the bathroom and Cream follows her. While Silver goes to their other friends and they talk. That leaves just Blaze and Amy. Together on one side.

"Blaze, it's fine if she's staring at me like that, I don't mind too much, I just want to know why"

"Fine"

Blaze gets up and goes to the bathroom, finally entering and seeing Marine basically hyperventilating while Cream tries to comfort her. Which obviously isn't working.

"Marine"

"Oh" Marine takes a breath "hey" Marine takes a breath "Blaze" Marine takes a breath

"Why are you looking at Amy that way?"

"Because you just met her and your acting like she's your best friend!"

"Marine... Seriously?"

"Whatever, just promise me she will never take up my place as best friend"

"Marine...."

"Promise me!"

"Fine, promise" Blaze puts her hand on her right side and her other hand up.

"Alright!"

"Whatever, I'm leaving. You two have fun in here!"

Blaze can here Marine and Cream yelling at her for making the assumption. Blaze laughs to herself. Before making it back to Amy while she is still laughing.

"What's so funny"

"Nothing you would understand. Plus I got information out of it."

"What information?"

"Marine's mad at you because she thinks your replacing her as my best friend"

"Huh? Does she really think so?"

"Apparently"

"I should apologize"

"What? No, she's totally out of line. Don't do that."

"Okay, if your sure"

"Extremely"

Blaze and Amy begin talking about normal stuff again. About living and home (that's largely when Blaze is talking) and siblings and their general lives and how and when Amy moved and how that was for her. They love talking to each other, they seem to not get enough of it. They keep talking about anything and everything. They talk and talk and talk and talk and talk and talk and talk and talk and talk. Even when Marine and Cream come back they say hi and keep talking. Marine and Cream get into their own conversation anyways so it doesn't matter too much.

After talking for so long the bell rings. But neither of them notice how long it has been. They only feel like it has only been a few minutes. Not the entire full period. Weird for both of them but they don't care. They compare their schedules once again, to find out, for the first time today, they don't have the same class. Disappointed but still content. They enjoy these classes anyways. So it doesn't matter too much. They go from their lunch to those classes. Blaze has to walk much farther than Amy due to her class being in another building. The middle school. While the middle school and the high school are connected there is still a big space in between them. So Blaze walks until she finally reaches music class.