Two

Trevor and Cliff continued their conversation in the later afternoon—which was Clifford's Idea.

Eddy Elliot, Trevor's butler, now was driving them in a white hover car. Not a limousine or taxi, but it had four doors and the new age art young adults whistled at.

Brooklyn had electricity that night. It burdened Cliff with how innocent and inexperienced Trahern was and with nightclubs.

"Relax Sir," Clayworth said. The music was prodigiously in the car at this point. "Trevor, you're a legend, just play it cool."

"Me—but, I haven't been to a nightclub in ages."

"That's good, that's good, you're going to be the rebel who spiked the punch. I've made the arrangements. VIPs are here from around the world—companies just like ours that support the Moon colony."

"But what about spiking the punch?" Trevor said.

"Well, there's a speech, dance, and a sprightly young lass who's just your type and actress to boot," Cliff winked.

"So, you think I'm going to fornicate with her?" Trahern said with objection.

"Sir, just calm down and go with the grain."

Trevor closed his eyes tightly while taking deep breaths and took the bottle of Moonlit upon his lap.

"Alright, I'll mingle," Trevor Trahern said freely, "but no one-night stands."

The butler, Eddy Elliot, spoke as the car stopped abruptly, "the host of the house awaits." They got out in the order of introductions. Trevor, Cliff, then the butler who waved bye to see his master make it inside. Ed was enticed to join the dance party, but his doctor told him to take it easy. His heart health has seen better days. Trahern thought, what have you gotten me into Clifford! The chauffeur shook Trevor's hand. He wore a ghastly attire with laser beads on his cheeks and ears; it was trendy these days.

Trevor was escorted beyond the midst of the long lines and throngs and into the club Friends Night Out. I'm about to embark on a great journey, Trahern thought. My great grandfather would be proud.

Trev showed the doorman his guest pass. He walked as he smugly held the bottle of Moonlit against his belly. He reminisced as the doorman shook his head—no; thinking of his first day at work, then how accomplished he would be to buy a lot on a mining asteroid. If I owned a lot on that asteroid, then a whole new world would open up to me, Trevor thought, I would even be given the opportunity to buy a property on First Reach. It is said it's more wonderful than living on the Earth.

The doorman refused to unhook the tether guard for Trahern, but held his hand empty, as if he expected something.

"Do you not know who I am?" Trevor said, as if he discovered he was now president of a new company.

"The bottle, you can't go in with the bottle."

"Do you not know how priceless this is?"

"I'm sorry, either it goes or you."

Trevor Trahern shook his head twice then nodded once. He said, "goodbye my old friend," as the doorman had to pry it from his fingers. "Just don't open it, it will be worth more than you can imagine."

Trevor walked smugly as he was allowed in and Cliff followed close behind.

Trahern was nervous. The lady inside took his black cloak, revealing the blue and silver suit underneath; Clifford himself wore the suit he had when he told Trevor about the terrific news.

"Wow, this is my kind of party!" Trevor said to Cliff. Then they were led to two named seats. No roaring mob dancing their hearts out to earn a date like Clifford loved. Although Trahern did hear music resonating in the backdrop, it must be to set the mood, he thought.