Sixty

One week passed while Sonya Alabaster kept complaining if she could see Michael one-last-time before he was executed.

She kept her hood on for now while in chains from arms to feet, shaking them.

"Please Luke, I beg you, me and Michael were lovers, it's the only chance I'll get to say goodbye."

"Alright, fine, but it'll be a brief moment before you're put back into prison," the Admiral said angrily.

Keep your hood on, I could lose my job from this. The other inmates, you see, are watching on monitors, most of them were Pirates or members of the Mob and even Rahden Sr. can only watch on a screen as well.

As the group that entered the docking bay was with Trahern, Logan said to him: "Look, we can't find an immediate replacement for the CEO job, would you like to have it Sir?"

I sure would love that friend, thanks. And so, at last Trevor's breakthrough was completed, by once again honoring his great grandfather.

Sonya couldn't bear to watch as Michael was being executed aboard a spaceship, just outside the Red Entaries dome. She veiled herself as he begged for mercy. She hid her darkened blue eyes from the authorities behind her hood, covering her white hair.

The doors began to rattle uncontrollably with a burst of anger that the crowd among Michael's enemies, she knew too well, for Alabaster's liking.

The fit of rage was feeding the crowd, she couldn't bear it.

Mike looked for her when he felt the adrenaline rush in this no way out situation.

Where is my last moment of solace, my final bliss and gratification? He thought to himself

Before he decided to hang his head in defeat, he saw Sonya's smile with a twinkle in her eye that made him fall in love all over again.

He held his head up straight and began to swing against the window in such a menacing manner, it rattled the chamber door.

The watchers became confused that this guy was above authority and couldn't be caged by any means necessary.

The gatherers focused their attention to the guard with a look of desperation and loss for words. The executioner knew the meaning: what are you waiting for, kill him already, he realized.

She risked herself with a full removal of cloak and hood, catching his eyes amid the consuming crowd. They looked to eat him for all the meals of the day.

In this moment they thought of living each other's most intimate encounters, their eyes screamed, feeling what they knew became love at full circle, that everything they shared was for this single purpose, in existence.

Alabaster glanced at the executioner so quickly she knew there was no way out, except death.

In not to second guess this was the end of Michael's life, she removed herself of enough clothing to show him a tattoo of him and how thankful she was to be his partner for the best times and the worst.

Rahden Jr. nodded in full gratitude to her after he was strafing against the chamber walls. He reached the middle side of the left wall where a rectangular window was stretched across in symmetry with a horizontal view that showed her his body from the waist up. Hugging it with his fingers to the end of his sockets he placed his facial cheek tightly on the window.

Rahden Jr. wanted to hug her one last time and he knew what was about to happen. He felt himself trembling as if in shock and an out-of-body experience when the warning sirens went off. His focus came back onto Sonya and not on his own demise when two children came up to his window.

It worried him that these little ones might understand how close he was to her and didn't want the guard tipped off for his sake.

Thankfully, a middle-aged woman covered their eyes then pulled their little arms away in a disciplinary manner.

Now hanging on with a tight grip as his fingers blushed and knuckles whitened, he was careful to leave the glass dry when he smiled.

He knew of the dreadful thing she was thinking when she tried to keep her smile amid a single tear of many raining between her shoes on the white glossy hall.

He felt his life was thin as a hair strand and they stared at each other, but his wide eyes and soft smile didn't reveal a heaviness.

Sonya covered her mouth in horror as the emergency airlock swung open from behind. He never stopped smiling.

Michael felt like a piece of granulated dust that flew through space.

He thought this was Sonya Alabaster, the woman I love. She came to me one day with a beautiful dress and surprised me with a joy I only could dream of.

She walked down the hall in a moment of Mike's reflective ecstasy, she held her head low. But as she turned the corner her tears became that of joy.

Sonya raised herself straight and tall, not just for this moment, but for the rest of her life. She knew she was pregnant by Michael Rahden Jr. and had a new life to build after she served her prison sentence.