Fourty

After breakfast, Trahern told Brown he was going to see the CEO of Red Entaries again while Joanna said she was going to talk to her FBI Boss about work for her to do, but he didn't have any more work for her on Mars.

Trevor knocked on the CEO's apartment door, and it opened. Trevor said: "We can't let First Reach be destroyed by that planetoid."

Rahden Sr. agreed now that he had won the recent asteroid auction and didn't have any other reason to have it destroyed, so he wanted to save the Moon if that was still possible and wanted to hear what Mr. Trahern had to say.

"There's only one way to save the recent people on the Moon from the planetoid, and that's to repair the Hollowed Eagle."

"Yes, I think you're right Trevor," the CEO said.

"With the guns on that ship it shouldn't be too hard. I'll send my mechanics in the vehicle bay right away—however; they need to finish current repairs first."

Trev warned that pieces from the Moon might also hit Earth, so we need to repair the ship as-soon-as possible.

"Okay, Trevor, I'll send the mechanics now instead of doing their current repairs, which could be done another time."

"Is this the head mechanic?"

"Yes Sir, thanks for patching us though Sir. My whole crew is in their technician spaceships at the docking bay, and have shot out. I'm getting in my spaceship too. It shouldn't take too long to fix the Hollowed Eagle with these spacecrafts."

As the spaceships landed at the First Reach dock, many citizens cheered them on in their special space suits on the Moon and knew why the mechanics have come, they waved and clapped and the repair people saw them and were proud as the spaceships started to use their mechanical arms to scoop and torch the pieces back together to make a new but smaller Hollowed Eagle, one that could fly out from the Moon.

The first thing that was to be done on the Hollowed Eagle was to remove the tethers that were attached to the elevators; they carried extra weight and had to be detached.

The hull and captain's bridge, luckily, were still intact, and the mechanics needed new thrusters.

The citizens of First Reach that were still alive shared a different set of hover rovers to give the head mechanic plenty of thrusters while the tethers were being removed.

The next step was to make all of the cracks sealed, airtight, as the spaceships did all of the heavy work.

Now the thrusters were replaced and torched into place while the ground troops reconfigured the wiring and hydraulic pumps for the docking bay door.

The head mechanic's name was well known in the First Reach colony, as Bob Vesser.

When the Love Bug landed Trevor and his wife wondered how the repairs were doing for the ship, so Bob gave them a tour starting with the new docking bay, they were impressed, then into the Hollowed Eagle, the crew were working on the personal chambers, they were doing quite well, and we're almost done.

The troops waited while Mr. Vesser hummed an encouraging song for all the hard workers and Jo and Trev smiled too, but they couldn't put their finger on what the song was.

As the radiation and oxygen tanks on their suits needed less and more, they went inside their spaceships and some went into the Hollowed Eagle, which was now safe to breathe in and dine. They needed and found plenty of sleep for the next day of hard work and, this time, Joanna and her husband wanted to be a part of it.

As the next Moon day started Trevor and Joanne experienced a small amount of Moonlit to stay awake.

Bob would knock on their personal door in one of the Moon houses that was still safe to live in and only slightly damaged.

Mr. Vesser said he would like Trahern and Brown to pick-up some of the debris around the Hollowed Eagle, that is, if they want to help, but suddenly, someone kicked Joanna very hard:

"Ouch," she said, "it's our baby Trevor! I think it's trying to tell me something, I guess, I can't do any heavy lifting, Bob—"

"I understand," Vesser said...then Trahern interrupted.

"Honey, that Moonlit isn't good for pregnant women and our baby..."

Bob broke-in, "not another sip, now here, give me that bottle of alcohol."

She handed him the drink and took another swig before she gave it to him.

"Now honey, quit playing around—that Moonlit can be dangerous," he yelled.

As Trevor apologized for screaming, his wife said it was okay, then she eyed Vesser as he put away the drink.

Trev took a deep inhale as he looked at all of the debris. A lot of work needs to be done yet, and he wondered, are there any survivors remaining alive under the sheet metal? He went to ask Bob.

"Sir, head mechanic," Trevor caught him after he came back from one of the Moon houses, and he placed the Moonlit away.

"I think there could be survivors of the five-thousand missing under the debris."

"Yes, you could be right, and guess what? I'll get a First Reach medic unit on it right away to help you, and thanks for telling me Trahern."

"No problem," he said smiling.

Joanna wanted to help too, even though she was with-child, so she decided she could make food for the workers after they were done working and went back to their habitats.

As more and more dead bodies were found, "some alive ones," Jr. said, who is Tyrone's son on the Moon. "Wow, some of these holes are hard to climb into, dad."

Ty spoke to his son, saying: "Son, come here." And he comforted him as Jr. found the last body, which was still alive.

The body spoke, "thanks kid, I was on my last lung." She coughed as Tyrone and Jr. pulled her out of the debris.

"Thanks," the body spoke again as Jr. broke in: "Daddy, daddy! Can we go home now to our apartment in Red Entaries?"

"Yes, son, let's go now." He said impoverished as Jr. nodded hungrily.

They walked up one of the docking bays of a spaceship, where they took off to Red Entaries, piloted by Darius Came.

When the father and son reached Mars they waited for Jr. 's mom and she was Ty's wife and she made them a meal since Joanne's food wasn't enough, and they were still hungry.

After they ate and left their apartment, Tyroneand his family saw Darien and a woman with pink hair they hadn't yet met. Theywere holding hands, so they saw them in an intimate moment and didn't want tobother them.