Thirtynine

Trevor received a down payment and a bonus, he was happy, so he told Joanna, she was happy too. She heard the good news.

Now the couple didn't have to worry when they saw an SSF freighter land outside of Red Entaries, more food and water for everyone.

Trev wished he could go back to his old job at Solar City and win the asteroid auction again for himself, but now he wanted to help his friends and family pay for their stay.

Joanne and Trev were told the miners were ready, so they entered a special spaceship that was suited for mining asteroid Dakrin. When Rahden Sr. won the newest asteroid auction, the fellowship was pleased; now they can all stay at Red Entaries for as long as they want.

When they finally landed on Dakrin, it was pitch black. The drivers and pilots of the hover rovers and the spaceship were asked to turn on their lights, they could now see clearly.

Trevor and Joanna each had a group of miners to watch over to make sure they did their job correctly.

First, the managers used a holographic device to locate the closest-to-surface ore. The miners were ready at their positions as the spaceship used its arms as picks and shovels to dig at the spots with precious rocks.

Now the delicate job was for the miners, they used laser picks with enough oxygen in their tanks for nine hours, they chipped away like careful archaeologists looking for dinosaur bones or Egyptian mummies.

Finally, Riggins and the other miners found ore, they took both hands and removed a shiny piece, attaching the laser picks to their belts. He said: "Wow—I'll put this one into the storage deck of the spaceship," and the others did likewise with the approval of Jo and Trev, watching-on.

Riggins came forth with a piece of ore. He was last to enter the spaceship since he carried the largest chunk, following one of the hover rovers with its lights on so he could see the path.

Rahden Sr.'s first mining operation was a complete success. The spaceship landed in the docking bay with one hour of oxygen left in the crew's tanks.

They were freezing cold in their space suits and Wiggle congratulated them as he saw Riggins and the rest of them wanting to get out of those suits and into a hot tub at their apartments in the sidewalls.

Trevor and Joanna enjoyed their hot tub and after that they ate a feast with Rahden Sr. in the dining hall.

It was the last of the cheetah meat, coconuts, and Lite Moonlit that was not sold at the black market, and not too strong for any meal, for the celebration.

The miners and managers split forty percent of the profits, the rest went to Mr. Rahden Sr. himself.

Wiggle and Logan with the rest of the soldiers received their paychecks, and if they wanted more, they could always work in the Red Entaries' flower gardens on the off-duty weekends.

The celebration lasted until Monday with a firework display, and a lady who was the star of the holographic movie called Nerve to Love came from the SSF freighter. It was Laura Rains.

She removed her dainty glasses more for looks than need, and she wanted to see Trevor. She gave him a kiss and a hug. Joanne slapped her across the face, dooming such behavior in the future. She was angry and left the apartment, she just wanted to see him and meant no harm.

Laura stormed into the Red Entaries' plains, not knowing the dangers.

Eddy saw Rains depart and told Trevor, who in-turn, told Joanna. They went to save her before it was too late.

Trahern and Joanne kept their laser guns. He had the Black Viper handgun, and she had the Red Viper handgun, both were quality guns, and their batteries were both fully charged.

Laura had no weapons with her and as a tourist-celebrity, she had plenty of dia to afford an apartment.

On the freighter, the captain warned Rains to not enter the Red Entaries' lands alone, but she didn't listen.

Laura was still angry, and she wasn't thinking straight, her mouth was now becoming dry with no food and water.

By the time Trahern and Brown caught up to her they realized they had forgotten water and food too.

She was passed-out before a pool, and they killed two approaching crocodiles coming from their habitat, and saved her life, apparently; she was unconscious before the water, which was what she needed.

After Trev and Jo shot the rest of the crocodiles, they were all treated to fresh water while Laura awoke. She was okay.

Rains apologized for her conduct, and she said she wouldn't do that again.

As the party made it back to the apartment area Laura Rains was given a key card to open her room and there, she ate food and went to sleep.

Ed was happy that everyone came back in one piece.

The hover rovers and the hover tank were being repaired. The mechanics of Red Entaries first fixed the rovers because they were needed for mining missions and the tank was needed for threats.

It was a cold morning outside the dome butinside it was warm as Trevor and Joanna awoke.