Twentyeight

Five days passed and Michael Rahden and Joanna Brown arrived on Mars. Michael arrived first. He went to see his father (chairman and CEO of Red Entaries) while Joanne went to end the prostitution ring there.

Red Entaries is a biosphere dome that was terraformed. It has a thousand different types of plants and three-thousand animals in the dome. Most of the animals were wild and dangerous, although some were never tamed, such as horses.

It was a free roaming animal shelter for almost all animals.

Michael landed his SE (super elite) spaceship which is designed for quick trips to Red Entaries. The Love Bug was also an SE but a custom-made version.

As Mike arrived at the Red Entaries airlock, he saw the shiny Love Bug land; and on he went to visit his father. His father was probably in the sidewalls of the dome and so were many of the humans.

Rahden went up the stairs and into the second floor to his father's office, luckily his father was present.

"Father, I have something to tell you."

Mr. Rahden Sr. thrashed Idle papers at him, acquiring them quickly to be handed to Michael, as he prepared to see him at his desk.

"Now Mike, I have a big assignment for you." He spoke as he prepared to stand up and give his son this work schedule. He was ready to smooth out his neatly ironed suit, but Michael came storming...

"Listen to me father," Mike broke in.

"I know what's going on, but I don't have much time."

He stomped down the papers in his father's standing arm. "I know that this planetoid has a fifty percent chance to hit Earth's Moon even if we blow a part of it up, but I won't sit idle while the government blows up that planetoid, and Admiral Logan's space fleet must be stopped also. The Moon must be destroyed, and I know you agree with me father, and we must make sure we win the asteroid auction which might end before the planetoid hits. I'm sorry I wasn't here for a while but I'm an asteroid miner, busy mining."

"So that's where you were! His father was angry.

"But I..." Michael said.

Mr. Rahden Sr. tossed papers in his face. "Now sit down."

His father sternly pointed to his son. Then whipping his chair under his knees, as he leaned back giving Mike a grim stare, letting him know he wasn't done yelling.

Mr. Rahden Sr. pulled up on his desk with tense muscles as his son depressingly looked down for a chair to sit on. With drooping shoulders, he sat back looking at his father, but not quite in the eyes. "Father, I need to safeguard our conspiracy," Michael touched his chest.

The CEO countered, "my son, I have already safeguarded it, it's foolproof, you see, I have hired Space Pirates to make sure we win the asteroid auction and that the Moon will be destroyed.

"Are they the ones who got a bidder to drop out of the auction?"

"No, that was the Mob, they were threatening them.

"Son, I'm here for you." Mike's Father slowly bellowed forward with a calm voice.

"I want to join the Pirates with Raver and be a part of this conspiracy," he said.

"Fine son, if you must go, my employees will give you a gift on the way out. A laser rifle."

"You must not be discovered in your part of this conspiracy; it will water down in time itself. If you are discovered Admiral Logan will ruin us, you must be clandestine."

"Son, bear with me here." Mr. Rahden Sr. half-smiled while clenching his knuckles below firmly planted elbows on the hickory-furnished table.

"You're almost done, in a few years you'll have the requirements met for the manager job. Just start by previewing the work I have for you as an acting worker. Once you help the Bandits by destroying the Moon and then make sure I win the asteroid auction, you can get started. The papers are right there son, below your feet. You can get a good idea of this kind of work after you finish serving in four years. It's a simple task.