४२

Wonwoo was quick to get rid of his headphones when he heard the sound of door clicking and opening. He quickly sat up and turned around. There she is. He muttered to himself watching her walk in, a helmet tuck under her arm while other carrying bags. Wonwoo took in a deep breathe and opened to his mouth to greet her.

"Oh please! It's not like it's my fault. That bastard can't do his job well what am I to do? And like he had ask, I was out of it. I was only there to enjoy the concert like any other person." Wonwoo pressed his lips together. Who is she talking to that to so intimately? Wonwoo watched her kick of her shoes and socks and walk to the dining table. She placed the bags and helmet on the table listened to person on the other side before letting out a laugh. "Serves him right!" She laughed again this time placing her phone on the dining table.

"You are such a sadist person. Laughing at others pain." A familiar voice. Where have I heard it? Wonwoo knitted his eyebrows. "And mwo? Was there to enjoy concert like any other person? Do you even remember a word of the songs they sung? Rumi you were just there to cause trouble."

"I wasn't. And how am I supposed to remember words of songs that I heard for first time?" Rumi-ssi argued back pouring herself some water. I shouldn't be listening to their conversation, right? But it's on speaker mode, it's not like I'm eavesdropping? Wonwoo bit his lips debating whether he should let Rumi know. It was obvious she wasn't aware of his presence.

"Do you know how flustered Captain got? That man wouldn't budge. He kept complaining about how a crazy pervert woman burst into men's room and attacked him. What were you even thinking Rumi? Captain didn't know how to explain to that man while he was being persistent. Do you know how difficult it was for me to answer Captain? I wouldn't even meet his eye." Rumi snorted at that.

"Right, Gwok Hyun-ki can't lie to save his own ass. Hyun-ah you just needed to say I don't know, there was no lying in there. Besides, that bastard is able handle any problem. You don't need to worry about it." Hyun-ah? It is Hyun-ssi. But what are they talking about? And Hyun-ssi is addressing Rumi-ssi informally? Aish forget it, not my business. Wonwoo shook his head trying not to think much about it. He had better things to focus on like apologizing to Rumi-ssi.

"Stop calling captain such names. Even though you both were partners earlier but now he is your sunbae. And of course, I need to worry about it since I am his subordinate. Rumi you might have personal differences with him that makes you view him as some traitor but Captain Gu Hwa for me is someone who I look up to and respect." Personal differences? With Gu Hwa-ssi? What is he talking about? Wasn't Gu Hwa-ssi hyung's friend? How did he become Rumi-ssi's sunbae? They don't even work in same department. And they were partners? As in what partners? Dating?

"Yah Wonwoo-ya mwohae? You are dead!" Youngjae whined tapping Wonwoo's leg. "And now I am too!" He groaned removing headphones and throwing his phone aside. "What is wrong-" He turned to look at Wonwoo who seemed distracted. What is he looking at? "Rumi? Yah when did you got home?" Youngjae asked noticing Rumi at the dining table.

"Just now." Rumi answered without turning. "I know but I'm just asking you to be aware and self-prioritize yourself." Rumi said continuing her conversation with Hyun. "Forget about him and tell me have you look into the person I had asked you earlier?"

"Not yet." Rumi clicked her tongue at that.

"I should've asked Jangmi-ssi instead. She knows better than your slow ass." Rumi muttered.

"Well go ahead then. It's not like you ever need me or listen to me. You do it your way anyways why bother? It's not like we are both assigned on this job as pa-"

"AH! RUMI-YA DID YOU BRING CHICKEN!" Wonwoo flinched back at the loud voice.

"Oppa why are you-Wonwoo-ssi?" Rumi froze noticing someone she did not expect see but was wishing to for days. "Rumi is everyt-" She quickly hit the end button. Wonwoo-ssi, you are finally here. A daze smile formed on her lips before it was ruined when realization hit her. Don't tell me he heard everything? If he did then I'm doomed. "Haha. Wonwoo-ssi annyeonghaseyo." She let out a nervous laugh bowing towards him. My feet! She cursed noticing her bare feet. "Hahaha." Laughing again she rushed back to front door and put on her house slippers midst while fixing her shoes and socks to their places. "Haha I didn't know you were here. How you have been Wonwoo-ssi?" Rumi asked the awkward laugh accompanying her words.