५२

Rumi closed the trunk and dusted her hands. "Gomawo." Rumi smiled patting the intern's head, who was on short side. The kid shyly bowed towards her before getting inside the car. "Yah...he's not a kid you know." Yeri said looking at her. Rumi grinned. "Ara but he's cute like one. All of them are." Rumi laughed shaking her head.

Yeri tsked. "Will you be okay?" She asked nodding towards the car. "They really had messed that day if not for you." She said. Rumi nodded. "They did but it's okay. Everybody makes mistakes. But they really managed it well, instead of panicking they quickly thought of solution. And after that they did really well, all I did was loiter here and there while they managed everything." Rumi reasoned with smile on her face. Yeri knitted her eyebrows before they rose in question. This is unusual. Normally she would have ton load of complaints over a small issue, how come she being an angel today? Rumi suddenly giggled. "These kids are so cute you know? Jaewooni gave me candies that day." Yeri made a face. Mwo? Is she really that happy for couple of candies?

"Molla! If you need help, give a call." Yeri said and left. Rumi watched her walk away. "What's up her ass?" She muttered and climbed in the driver's seat. "Are you guys ready?" Rumi asked putting on the seat belt.

"De!" The kids answered making Rumi chuckle as she pulled out of the parking lot. "Have you guys double checked everything?" Rumi asked looking at the interns through rear-view mirror. "We have, team jangnim." Aerum, one of the interns replied. "Ah? Team-jangnim." Rumi hummed glancing at Aerum through the mirror. "We are really sorry about day before yesterday." Rumi smiled. "Thank you for helping us out that day."

"Well, aren't team leaders supposed to help their teammates, if not then what are they here for?" Rumi said. "Everybody makes mistakes; what is important is that we learn from them. And you guys really did well. If I was in your place I would have had a mental breakdown instead of coming up with a solution." Rumi said making them all chuckle.

"As if team jangnim." Soojin another intern commented laughing. "We have seen you work. You are always cautious and prepared for everything. You also do all the work assigned to Miss Slacker." Soojin said with little scoff. "Yah!" Aerum slapped her hand. "Well, somebody got to do the job." Rumi glanced at them and chuckled. "And Soojin-ah, its fine to say this in front of me but don't do it in front of others okay?" Rumi said looking at her. "De...team jangnim." Soojin nodded with a pout.

Rumi chuckled at her cuteness when suddenly her phone rang. "Hmm nugu?" Rumi questioned checking the caller id. It was Hyun. "Aish, this guy and his timing." Rumi muttered trying to open earbuds case. Jaewoon who was sitting in passenger's seat came to her aid. "Thank you." Rumi smiled placing the earbuds in her ear. "Eo, Hyun-ah." Rumi answered.

A scoff was heard before he spoke. "Eodiya? And why haven't you been picking up my calls?"

"On my way to site. And I've been busy. What about you where have you been? I haven't seen you for days?" Rumi asked.

"You would have known if you picked up my calls." Rumi rolled her eyes. "How have been things around there? Any progress?" Rumi glanced at ears present in the car. "Nothing much. They are still trying to figure it out. What about you? You are disappearing a quite lot."

"I'm at the agency." Rumi furrowed eyebrows. "I'll explain to you after I return. Keep me updated while I'm here, okay?" Rumi hummed her mind wondering why was he there while being in middle of already assigned case. "Don't cause trouble while I'm gone." Rumi snorted. "As if fuc-" Rumi stopped herself remembering she's not alone. "Okay, bye. Take care." With that he hung. Corner of her lip lifted in annoyance. "When did he started caring about me?" She muttered.

"Team jangnim..." Rumi looked up fixing her annoyed face. "Are you and Hyun-ssi dating?" Soojin asked once again earning a light slap from Aerum. Rumi rolled her eyes. "Why does everyone keep asking me that? Aniyo. We are not dating." Rumi answered emphasizing on each word. "Really?!" Soojin asked before turning towards Aerum and slapping her shoulder.