६२

"Noona?" Rumi hummed holding the phone in between her ear and shoulder as she went through the papers in her hands. "Eodiyo?" Rumi paused and put down the papers. "Umm...I have some work today-" "You weren't at company." Wonwoo cut her off. "Yesterday too and day before that too." Rumi squeezed her eyes shut and silently cursed. "Wonwoo-ssi...I am really sorry." She apologized hearing a huff in return. Rumi smiled knowing that he must have suiting a pout with narrowed eyes. "Noona ga jinja mianhae but I don't think I would be able come home today." 

"Noona! Do you know how many days it's been since we last saw each other?" Wonwoo exclaimed making Rumi bit her lip in guilt. "It's been more than a week. We work in same company yet we are not able to see each other noona. Even though I manage to come home you are not there, either you are working overtime or not coming home at all!" Rumi sighed the guilt growing heavier. Wonwoo had been putting in all his effort even though it was difficult because of his profession yet Rumi wasn't able to give much time to him these days. The new assignment had taken over her time. "I'm sorry." Rumi apologized again she had nothing to say except from apologizing. She couldn't explain herself to him. "Just few more days Wonwoo-ssi."

She heard Wonwoo sigh from other side. "Aniyo, naega mianhae." Wonwoo apologized. "I know that noona has been working hard these days and I am being like this. Mianhae noona." He said making her shook her head. "No, no, you don't have to apologize. I understand what Wonwoo-ssi is feeling. I miss you too and its difficult for me too but this as-work, I can't walk out of it. I promise, it will be over soon and then I'll stick myself to your side!"  Rumi said earning a chuckle from him. "Really?" The sound of his carefree laugh brought relief to her ears. "How soon will it be over?" Rumi smiled looking down at the papers. "Hmm we are planning on-uh visiting the site tomorrow, so by tomorrow hopefully?" Rumi answered finding the right words. She wasn't making it up, they were planning on taking action tomorrow, the big racket they had discovered had far more roots in the entertainment industry then they had thought. "Really?! Then you will be home tomorrow?" Wonwoo asked sounding excited. "Tomorrow I do-"

"Rumi." Rumi looked up to see Gu Hwa standing at the door. She nodded at him and turned her attention back to Wonwoo. "Can I call you later?" There was silence from the other side, she almost thought he had hung up. "I will wait for noona tomorrow." "What-wait Wonwoo-ssi-" He had hung up. Rumi sighed and looked at her phone screen. Damn it, he's upset. "Rumi." She solemnly looked up. "Are yo-" Gu Hwa stopped, maybe he shouldn't she's just going to end up getting anger so it would be better that he doesn't ask her what's going on between her and Wonwoo-nim. "Prepared for tomorrow?" He changed his words. Rumi hummed tapping her fingers on the blue print laying in front for her.

"How long do I have to hold it?" Rumi questioned.

"As long as you can for us to drain their system and get everyone out." Hyun answered walking in from behind Gu Hwa. He bowed towards Gu Hwa in greeting. "We have intel that there are many artist and young idols who are trapped and blackmailed into working for them." He continued.

"You have to be very careful, there will be big names you'll be seeing there but our priority is to root out the racket and get each victim out safely." Gu Hwa added glancing at both of them. Hyun and Rumi nodded. The plan was to raid the site but before that they needed to get to the root. Taking direct action might make the mole ran away, so they were planning on going undercover. "You've checked out the map right?" Gu Hwa questioned glancing at his two agents who nodded their head in affirmative. "Good. Then be careful." He added looking at Hyun who was little surprised at his concern. "It might seem easy but it's not, people like these are erratic so you need to be prepared." He warned. Hyun nodded still confused with his sudden concern towards him. "This is something usual for beast over there." He added nodding towards Rumi who had zoned out and was in her own world. "I know this is first big case for you. I am somewhat relieved and worried at the same time that it is with her." Hyun furrowed his eyebrows. Gu Hwa smiled. "You both will balance out each other well. Trust her." He patted his shoulder and left.