५६

"Thank you." Rumi bowed picking up her coffee cups and walking up to Jangmi who was waiting near the roof top garden. "Here." Rumi said handing Jangmi's cup to her. "Thank you!" Jangmi smiled looking up at her. "So where were we?" Jangmi asked as both of them made their way to the bench.

In last few days Rumi had changed a lot, Rumi who normally hated spending her free time around her co-workers was having lunch with them, was sharing evening coffees with Jangmi. Lately these two, would meet up every evening to enjoy their coffee on this roof top garden. Both would share their pains and complains mostly Jangmi because that girl would just keep going and going.

"Ah, I was talking about the new changes right?" Rumi nodded sipping on her own coffee. "It has gotten little hectic. There are many changes we had make in recruitment process. It's really a mess in office these days. Unnie do you see these dark circles?" Jangmi leaned in pointing at her eyes. Rumi nodded, even though she couldn't find them. "I have been reviewing cv's like crazy." Jangmi exhaustedly sighed before sipping on her coffee.

"It is difficult when changes are sudden right?" Rumi commented.

"Eo." Jangmi agreed. "We had system which have been followed for years and now suddenly we have to change the way it has been working. So, it is little problematic but we'll get used to it. Since the reason behind this change is more problematic." Jangmi sighed again. "Hmm?" Rumi questioned looking up at her. "Oh, I forgot to mention about that right?" Jangmi asked smacking her forehead. "Recently the HR department and security department had a meeting. Your um friend Gu Hwa-nim actually conducted it." She awkwardly mentioned Gu Hwa's name, let just say that she was still not over it, Gu Hwa being her love rival and all.

"It was him who suggested this changes. Considering the recent happenings, the security team believes we should be cautious with our recruitment, like who we really are hiring, we need to do a proper background check, and character check of the individual before hiring. They believe there is reason why these people, paparazzi and sasaengs are breaking into private lives of our artists." Jangmi explained and motioned Rumi to leaned in. "It is said that people from our company are selling information." She whispered making Rumi look at her. "I mean, I believe it too. Tell me, how do they know when and where so and so person is if not someone is informing them? And the only person who knows these information can be someone from inside." Jangmi continued leaning back.

"True, it can be that way but these changes can only help us with future recruitment. But what about the current employees? What if it is someone among us?"

"Obviously, Unnie!" Jangmi exclaimed slapping her hand on Rumi's thigh. "It is someone among us. Come on in here." She asked Rumi to lean in again. "Do you know why we suddenly have hired the new security team? It is because of this. They are trying to find the moles. They have been slowly working through each department. Your friend he's quite peculiar. He really knows his things. Everybody did have same question as you but we can't directly act on it, can we?"

"Wae? Since we already discovered that it is someone from inside shouldn't we start investigating the employees?" Rumi asked looking at her. From the beginning Rumi had this doubt, why were they taking this long route, having her play around in disguise when they could've just investigate each employee around the artists.

"Aniya, aniya, aniya." Jangmi waved her finger while shaking her head. "We can't do that. If we do then it will be like breaking the bond between the company and it's employees. We can't have that."

"Why not? After all the company here is the big entity, if someone is working against it then company has every right to question it's employees." Rumi argued. Jangmi shook her head. "It is not that simple Unnie. The company and employees have a bond of trust, if its broken, neither will survive. This company is like big mechanical machine, we the employees are its cogs; from janitor to artists to directors each is important cog connecting everyone. While the teeth of cogs is the trust. It one of them is broken the cog gets stuck making the whole machine to break down. Questioning each employee will be like the questioning the bond of trust between company and employee, it will cause big havoc and for such a big label like ours, we can't afford it." Jangmi carefully explained.