Chapter 40

Yoongi silently drove off, after kissing Jimin and Taemin goodbye.

He halted at the sight of his boyfriend's mother. He went out of the car and greeted him respectfully. Jiwon smiled an went inside the car.

"So, mom.. have you informed this piece of news to Jimin? It's really big.."
"No.. I know how traumatized he was, I don't exactly know if I'd tell him at all.."
"But doesn't he deserve the truth? He could run into him in the future and be in shock..."

Jiwon sighed.

"I suppose you're right about that.
Well, for all I know at the time being, he's happy and I know if that I tell him his father is being released, it'll shatter him.
I have seen him go unsane at just a picture."

Yoongi stayed shut.

"It's crazy what trauma does to you." He finally spoke.
.
.
They reached the prison and talked to the officer in charge. A few moments passed, and there he was.

Park Donghyun.

Yoongi exhaled.

"Donghyun." Jiwon called out.

The man walked over to them, and he didn't look like the man in Jimin's family photo anymore. He was thinner and paler. His eyes sunk in deep with an ugly scowl plastered on his face.

"Sure you came. Who is this?"
He looked at Yoongi, who was not at all agitated by his pheromones and aura.

"Min Yoongi, sir. I'm your son's fiancé."

Silence.

"He all grown up?" Donghyun hesitantly asked him again. Yoongi nodded. Donghyun sighed.

"I was expecting him.. but this can work. I'm Park Donghyun. Jimin's father.

Okay, expecting the child he abused and ruined for the rest of his life, literally breaking him to the point of breakdowns and su**ide attempts?? This man IS a psychopath, Yoongi thought.

"I'm afraid Jimin's working today, sir."
"I see.."

They walked out the police station and drove to inner Seoul. The three were all silent, not wanting a conversation.

"Jimin was a good boy,.. I just couldn't realise it back then." Donghyun sighed.
"He was." Jiwon commented.

It was clear that Donghyun did have empathy and regret for his doings. Yoongi wanted to speak too,but shut his mouth for the time being.

"I had several councelling sessions by a psychologist and, after going through violence by the inmates... I wish he hadn't been through that.. I was a heartless person.."

He looked down with self hatred. Jiwon turned to the back seat and cast a weak smile on his ex husband.

"Donghyun. It's the past. You can't fix it now. But I am glad to hear that from you. I do hope he doesn't see you so soon...so you can have more opportunity of him forgiving you. Although what you did was absolutely disgusting and ruthless, I'm sure he can find ways to forgive it."

They dropped him off to a small home, where he shall dwell. Yoongi memorised the place as 'do not bring Jimin' area.
.
.
"I'm back... Is Jimin home..?" Yoongi went inside the Kim's apartment.

"Ah no.. why're you so tired?? Is something wrong??" Namjoon asked him quickly.

"No...it's just a long day.."
"I see... Taemin's asleep, so are the twins.. and Jin is out, I guess we can have some wine.."
"I'd kill for a wine."

The two has a calm, rejuvenating conversation. They're talking about serious topics I don't really understand.

"So you're saying that fishes can recognise themselves in the mirror?"
"Absolutely. They are actually very smart. Smarter than my students these year..."

Yoongi chuckled.

"Are your students really that stupid?? You've been saying that every year."
"This year a kid was confused hearing that pi has more than three digits."
"What??"
"Yeah."

Seokjin opened the door. He smiled brightly and shuffled over to Joon.

"What were you two saying??"
"Oh. Namjoon was talking about his students."
"Oh really?? I remembered that time a few years back when a group of the kids came over, and they were SHOCKED to see me.. I was too pretty ~~"

Yoongi laughed at it. He can see that happen.

"Are the kids still asleep??" Seokjin mumbled and went over to the baby room. He came out a moment later, holding Namu and Taemin in his arms.

Yoongi quickly held Taemin and talked to him fondly. 6 months old Taemin can barely understand.

"Aish.. the twins are already a year... Things are moving so fast.." Yoongi comments. Seokjin chuckled lightly.

"Time is irrelevant to us right now. I can't love my family more." Namjoon said and kissed his son.

Yoongi agreed greatly.

"Hy... I'm back- Yoongi~~"

It was Jimin's sweet voice. How Yoongi missed that.

"Hey. How's today?"
"Well, it was quite fine.. I miss my family.." Jimin sat down next to Yoongi and took Taemin from his hold.

"Jimin, I'm turning 31 this year."
"Really?? Damn.. I am shocked. You still look so beautiful after aging.."

Seokjin was fishing for a compliment, and succeeded. We all need to do this at some point, can't judge him...

"I really want to meet up with all our friends and catch up on each other again. By the way, has anyone talked to Taehyung and Jungkook recently?"
"Nah not really.. I just heard they've been busy with work."
"I'm a bit concerned.. they hardly hung out here anymore.."
"Don't think too much about it Jin hyung. They'll be fine. They're adults."
"I know.. but I just can't stop looking out for them."

Namjoon hugged him close.

Maternal instinct tend to go places when a mother is under the influence of hormones.

"Shall we go back to our place? I'm starving.." Jimin looked at Yoongi.

They waved goodbye to the Kims, and went back to their apartment and telling each other about their day.

Jiwon was right.

He was so happy right now, telling him might not be right.

So Yoongi kept his mouth shut about his dad's release from prison.

Only God knows what will happen in the next years to come.

To be continued...