Chapter 49

It was October. The air was getting chilly and gusty. Leaves started to fall off and the scenery was beautiful as ever.

Jimin blankly stared at the city from his living room, cradling sleepy Taemin in his arms. This one year old infant was getting too heavy to be held.

"It's so beautiful.."

Yoongi's deep voice came from behind. Jimin turned to him and smiled, his expression full of love.

"Hey~" Jimin pulled Yoongi down and kissed him. The two were taking a day off and have some quality time with their kid.

But Taemin was sleeping almost all the time.

"Is Taemin still sleeping?"
"No.. but he's really tired and would sleep again anytime soon. Should we be concerned?"
"I don't know.. Jin did say he was easily exhausted. I think it's genetics."

Jimin nodded.

"Sit next to me. I need to lean on something stable."

They sat quietly for like fifteen minutes.

"Alpha hyung.."
"Eh?"

Silence.

"Do you think... That something is wrong with us?"

Yoongi has his mouth half-open, from confusion and astonishment.

"Why would you think that?"
"I don't know..."

So this was why he has been awfully quiet. This was why he has lost appetite and motivation.

It was a bit of relief hearing the real reason. It has been killing Yoongi on the inside.

Well, when he first met him, he was willing to face any unusual behaviour, breakdowns, panic attacks and anxiety attacks, everything.
Though it hurts him too, he was always happy to help.

"I really want kids.."

Jimin sounds hurt.

This hurts the alpha too.

"If this continues, why don't we consult a doctor?"

Yoongi agreed to it.

Two years ago, when Jimin thought he was pregnant, he was scared to have kids... And now, he was scared to not have kids.

It's amazing how a person can change within a short time.

After Taemin was awake, the atmosphere lightened up and they took a walk out to a nearby park.

Jimin was now smiling and laughing, watching Taemin learning how to walk, analyse the fallen leaves and showing it to his momma.

In the end, Taemin ended up calling his foster parents momma and dada, and his biological parents Amma and popa.

(A/n: letting kids name their parents is actually really smart... Especially in poly relationships...)

"Momma, f'yu, Dada,f'yu." Taemin gave the two the leaves he considered to be the best out of all the fallen leaves.

Chim was smiling brightly, thanking him and ruffling his hair. Taemin giggled and ran back to the same spot again.

"Are you cold?" Yoongi asked, side hugging Jimin. Without much thought, the other leaned on his shoulder and took a deep, relaxing breath.

"Taemin is such an angel.. look at him. I've never seen him so energetic. I think we should take him out more often."
"I agree."

Jimins face remained neutral, more of depression in his gloomy eyes.

Yoongi noticed this, but... What was he supp-

Jimin felt soft vibrations comin from Yoongi. It calmed him instantly.

He hasn't felt Yoongi purring in a while.

(A/n: I am not a furry I swear- )

"Hyung.."

Yoongi fidgeted Jimin's hands with the other hand that wasn't hugging him. Their hand size difference was something he had always idealised in a romance novel.

"We're gonna have our anniversary next month.."
"I know.."

Yoongi pressed his lips on Jimin wavy hair.

"Time goes by so fast.."
"Namu and Soojin are two years now.. they can walk, speak and fully functional."
" 'fully functional'? Bro why you talkin like they sum machine or smth?" Jimin snickered.

The three watched the sunset and walked back home, buying some groceries and Jimin's stuff.

"Hum!!" Taemin shouted happily as they entered their small apartment.

Clearly they could afford a bigger, more spacious one, putting in mind the fact that it was Jimin's and only one-bedroomed; but they liked the coziness and memories shared there.

They ate dinner together, Jimin trying to feed him and Taemin facing away, Yoongi minding his own business and eating whatever is in his plate, Jimin whining and complaining to Yoongi.
It was fairly chaotic.

It was almost 9pm. Yoongi and Taemin had both fallen asleep, leaving Jimin alone with his thoughts. That was when the intrusive thoughts wins.

'You're never good enough. Can't even have one kid.'
'Look. Look over there. It's a knife. Cut yourself.'
'That fan is about 9 feet up. You can reach it with a chair.'

"Shut up..." Jimin whispered, tears building up his cheeks. He covered his ears wishing I'd stop.

He walked over to their neighbours, mostly because he wants to talk with Seokjin hyung.

"Hyung?"

Jin was sitting the dark living room, alone. His phone brightness lit up his pretty features, although he looked a bit uncanny.

"Oah! Chimmie~ come sit down. What with the sudden visit at such an ungodly hour?"

Jimin bowed in tiny and took a seat in the armchair adjacent to Jin's.

"...do you.. have trouble conceiving??"

Jin tilted his head.

"Are you having trouble?"
"Kind of, yeah..."

Seokjin got up and prepared some warm tea for the both, lit up some scented candles and sat nearer to him.

"So honey, whatever you're about to say, it is safe with me... Tell me what's wrong."

Jimin broke out into tears.

"I... I feel like a failure.. I stopped taking contraceptives since we were engaged an- I just- it feels lik-"

Seokjin silently pat his back.

"I know how hard it is.. getting pregnant, even as omegas, is hard for males.."
"I want kids so bad... Taemin is perfect, And I want another like him...."
"I've had a miscarriage before.. I know this feeling..that you're a failure, a person who can't even have the strength to carry one.."

Jimin looked up to him.

Seokjin has never ever mentioned this.

"..now I have two kids.. I promise you'll have your own.. trust me.."

Jimin nodded at last.

"Why don't you visit my doctor? She's the kindest and most patient doctor you'll meet. Should I give you her contact?"

Jimin took the number and saved it.

He had to make sure.
.
.
.
I miss Hobi 😭😭😭
Anyways, stay safe, love yourselves and borahae💜💜