Chapter 42

"Hobaaa~~"
"Weeyy~!"

It was the first reunion of Jimin and Hoseok after weeks of not seeing each other. I mean, with Hobi's work piling up and Jimin's wedding preparations, I can't deny it was hard. To meet friends you know..

The two were best friends since the dawn of time, in their teens to be realistic, and separating them was like losing the other shoe.

"So what've you been up to?"
"The usual. Work, work and work."

Jimin groaned and pat him on the back.

"Same shit, different day. I gotchu bro."

They talked endlessly.

Jimin felt at home seeing his friend's smile. It was bright and beautiful.

"Ah Chimim, your birthday is sooo close now.. what do you want??"
"I want a BIG HUG from Hobi!!"

Hobi blushed and hugged him tightly. How warm his embrace was.

Jimin melted.

"I can't believe your wedding is next month!! And I am gonna be the best man AND the maid of honour!!"
"Yeah!! You'll look so stunning omfg I cant-"
"Do you wanna watch Frozen?"
"Hell yeah! But I missed the classic Barbie movies from 2000s..."
"Oh we can watch that too!!"

Jimin's eyes lit up.

"Yey!! Hobi I lwov ywooo~~!"

And so they watched Barbie as Princess and the Pauper. Shit never gets old.

Hobi breathed deeply as Jimin laid his head on the former's shoulder. No one really minded these two being extraordinarily ultra pro max close together. Not even Hobi's girl, Y/n minded it.

After all, best friends tend to stay close. Too close sometimes. At least for me..

"Hoseok.."
"Mmhn?"

Jimin looked up to Hoseok.

"Do you still have relapse?"

Hoseok smiled.

"Not recently, but it can't exactly be gone.."
"Oh.."

Hoseok saw something wrong with Jimin's sparkly eyes.

"Is something up?"
"Well, it's just.. a bit stressful these days... Work and wedding stuffs and our anniversary and the child.. it's so overwhelming..."

Hoseok smiled gently and cuddled Jimin.

"It must be overwhelming.. I don't think I understand your situation completely, but I'm here! I'm by your fucking side!~ I'm the anti-stress person!"

Hobi gestured a rainbow. Jimin giggled at him.

It certainly cheered him up.

This was Hoseok's gift: making people smile even in their grayest moments. A ball of sunshine everyone needs.

"Hi guys..Do you have a good time?"

It was Yoongi, he has just returned from his walk with the baby Taemin.

Jimin sprang up from the couch and rushed to shower the two with kisses.

Yoongi giggled and pecked him on the forehead. "How was the walk? Is Taemin enjoying it?" Jimin cooed.

"Yeah.. he giggled at a lady.. definitely gonna be a ladies's man."
"Oh honeyy.. you don't know that~! Babies are learning facial features and memorizing them.. and maybe he thinks she was someone similar ~"

Yoongi thought about it or aa brief moment.

"Now that you mentioned it, the lady kinda looked like Hobi.."
"Heee? Mee!?? Are u saying that Taemie recognises me!!"
"Of course Hob! You're his uncle! He'd surely recognise you!"

Hoseok did a little happy dance.

"Why don't we go back to our apartment Taeminie~?"

Taemin giggled and reached out for Jimin. Jimin took him from Yoongi and said goodbye to YoonSeok.

Ass soon as Jimin left, Yoongi turned over to Hobi and smirked.

"What??"

The confused look on Hoseok was priceless. It made Yoongi chuckle a bit.

"I'm marrying that guy."

Hoseok smiled too.

"And I'm the best mannn~~!"

The two vibed for a moment in the living room.

"Oh. Did you know that Taehyung and Jungkook are recently on a 'break'?"
"No way!"
"Yuh."

Hoseok was shook. Hoshook.

They continued chatting for a long time, even while preparing dinner.

Yoongi has been spending a lot of time at Jimin's that he hardly see Hoseok anymore. I mean, he hasn't even get to his girlfriend y/n that well.
That was unusual, because whenever one of the two was dating, they'd always make sure the other was comfy with the other bro's partner.

It's a bro code that they had since they started being friends.

"Can you pass the sauce??"
"Sure. Here ya go."

Suddenly the room became silent.

"So Jimin asked me if I had a relapse recently.."
"Really? What did you say?"
"I said no.. but I think he's having one."

Yoongi stayed still, staring blankly at the noodles in the pan.

"I know. That's why I'm here. I think you know pretty well that he needs space."
"What about the baby? Won't it bother him??"
"Nah. The baby is a part of him now. You can't separate those two."

They laughed silently.

"Oh well this is done. Is that one too?"
"Oh yeah. Go set the table?"
"No thanks. Real men eat at the sink."

And they simply are by the kitchen sink because they didn't bother to set the table, which was like 5 feet away from them.

Sometimes I understand men, sometimes I don't.

"Hobi?"
"Mnf?"
"You like y/n a lot do you? I've never seen you this whipped after Jimin."

Hoseok blushed a bit. He silently gobbled down the food and drink.

"I do like her a lot. She's... So special.."

Yoongi smiled brightly. He pat him on the back and nodded to his words.

"I'm happy that you found your one. Glad I could be of help to you."
"Ye. Thanks again for taking her number.. I owe you."
"Always."

Bromance at its finest.
.
.