Chapter 14: Thinking and Moving

Ayanokoji Pov

The moon rose on the 5th day of the exam.  In the past few days, I surveyed the decaying condition of Class A.  After several of their members dropped out of the exam, the class was in chaos.  Some blamed Katsuragi, while others blamed Hashimoto, claiming he was sabotaging on behalf of Sakayanagi.  Due to the blaming, the other classes have stolen many Class A spots.  If they don't get it together, they will bomb the exam.  Sakayanagi refuses to help, claiming it was Katsuragi's fault, due to his inability to maintain security in the camp

I had also noticed Class D lurking around everyone's camps.  They are probably going to go after someone tonight, but my and Ichinose's classes are safe since we had a plan.  

The stars shone brightly, and I saw Ibuki sitting near a tree.  Earlier today, she had gone into the woods, likely to retrieve her tools for tonight.  

Ibuki: Hey Ayanokoji-Kun, I am taking a walk just so you know.

I was thinking to myself when Ibuki interrupted my thoughts.  Proving my theory, Ibuki is off to do something, likely to steal a flag.

Ayanokoji: Hm?  Ok, have fun Ibuki-San.

Ibuki: Sir, yes sir

Ibuki gave a mock salute and then walked off into the tree line.  I wasn't done with her though.  I went over to Horikita, who was reading a book by the fire.  Onodera, Ken, Ike, and a few others sat nearby, but they were in their conversation. 

Ayanokoji: Come with me, Horikita-San.  Class D is making its move, and we need to watch what is about to go down.

Horikita: Really?  Do you think they are going after Class B?

Ayanokoji: No, I doubt it.  Class A is falling apart, so Ryuen is probably going in for the flag.  So we need to go before we lose Ibuki in case I am wrong.

Horikita and I walked into the treeline and took off right after.  We needed to catch up with Ibuki to see where she is going.  We eventually spotted her running in the distance.  I checked my watch and saw we were running through an area near Class A's home camp.  

Ibuki reached a small hill near Class A, and she rifled through her bag.  She removed what looked like a small ball, which was likely the smoke bomb.  She threw it into the camp, and shortly after, I heard screams of terror, and hooting and hollering.  

A short distance away, I saw several figures running away with a flag in their hands.  One of the figures was kukukuing all the way out of the camp.  I saw another figure run after, but they soon tripped and face-planted.

Katsuragi: Damnit Yahiko-San, are you ok?!

I heard the voice of Katsuragi and soon saw him running up to Yahiko, who chased after Class D.  Ibuki turned around and began sprinting back to Class C camp, so Horikita and I took off to avoid suspicion.  If Ibuki arrived at camp to see us not there, she might assume we saw what she was doing.