Chapter 46: Paper Cut

Ayanokoji Pov
The sun rose on another day at ANHS. The flowers swayed in the breeze, the birds sang a tune, and Ike thirsted over anime women. Nature moves in its cycle of love, loss, and other questionable things.

I did my normal routine, waking up like a supermodel of course since I'm just legit that way, doing my intense gym workout, making breakfast and lunch, etc. At the gym, I worked out with Albert, Ken, and even Koenji. He acted normal and he addressed me as usual. The air between us seemed friendly, but under the surface, we both wanted to strangle the other. Ken and Albert failed to notice and we talked about trivial things.

In the meantime, I had stopped by the library to return a book when I saw a group of Second Years studying for the exam Kiryama mentioned yesterday.  I saw Kiryuuin leading a study group, albeit not very nicely.  She had a massive wooden paddle and would smack someone with it if they got an answer wrong.  One of the poor students had an ice pack and multiple bruises on his body from Kiryuuin's beatings.  Kiryama had said he would bribe her to teach and it seemed that he did bribe her...the poor students wish he didn't though.

Enough about the other years and their school experience, it's time to focus on mine.  The class was at its usual; everyone talking to each other, laughing, gossiping, etc.  I saw Chabashira in the corner of the room, scrolling on her phone.  The teachers were given similar phones to the students, just with more access.  The teachers had the ability to order more things and see a lot more things than a student could.  It's similar to how the convenience store has beer, students aren't allowed it, but teachers are.

The bell rang and Chabashira stepped up the podium and took out her clipboard and she recorded attendance.  She then took out a stack of papers and placed them at her desk and removed a marker from the tray on the board.

Chabashira: Alright, listen up Class D.  The school has decided to grant you another special exam that you will complete. 

Ike: Awh, why?!  Haven't we gone through enough?

Chabashira: If you want to take it up with the President and Chairman, be my guest.

Chabashira smirked as Ike stopped talking and looked down at his desk.  She then began to write on the board:

Paper Shuffle Special Exam

Chabashira: This exam sees at least two people expelled per year, so listen closely to the explanation.  This is a pair-based exam where both participants are given 50 questions on each eight subjects for the total of 400 questions. All subjects will have a minimum standard of 60 points. The Paper Shuffle will have a span of two days, where students take four exams per day.  The pairings will be divided via a mock test.  There will be no expulsion for failure on the mock test, and it will have no effect on your

Chabashira was writing this all down on the board as Horikita followed suit, writing like some sort of speed demon.  I was already thinking of ways about the pairings.

Chabashira: The contents of the test will include all of your current subjects.  The quizzes will have 100 questions for a total of 100 points.  Now, let's talk about how you can fail this exam: If the final grade a pair gets on any one subject is under 60 points, then both members of the pair will be required to drop out. This 60 point threshold is the average score of both of the two partners.  The overall total score will be based on the average score of the pair. Even if one gets above 60 points in all eight subjects, if the pair's average total points are below the standard, both partners will be expelled.

A/N: I changed it to the average score cause k wanted more tension

Chabashira: The classes will compete by brainstorming the test questions for the other classes.  The class must then make a test abiding by the 50 questions per subject format, and will then pass their test into their teacher.  Yes, Ayanokoji?