Chapter 28: Dramatic Drama

Ayanokoji Pov
The ship returned to the harbor in the early morning and the classes departed in droves.  Everyone seemed sad that the cruise was over, but happy we had returned to campus.  My Class D was disappointed by the summer results but the class group chat was lively with people saying how they would crush Class C next exam.

In the meantime, I met with Horikita in a cafe to discuss the current class situation. 

Horikita: I am not satisfied with last exam, and neither are you.  So do you have a plan, or are you going to slink into the shadows after a defeat?

Ayanokoji: Of course it's impossible to have a plan.  We have no idea how many exams there will be, nor do we know the rewards.  For all we know, that was our last exam.  But I intend to see this battle through to the end, you?

Horikita: Obviously, what kind of stupid question is that?

Ayanokoji: The same question you just asked me.

???: Kukuku, some defects slinking around huh?  Paying for expensive drinks with all those points you have...oh wait!

Ryuen Kakeru laughed which earned him a scorning look from the senpais, and some looks of fear from the first years.  Many of the senpais heard of his tyranny, but they could care less since they don't have to deal with him

Horikita: What do you want, Ryuen?

Ryuen: I just want to talk with some friends, is that a crime?

Ryuen sat next to us, wedging between the two of us.  Trailing behind were Albert and Ibuki, the latter looking like she would rather bungee jump with pasta than be here.

Horikita: We aren't your friends, and I would appreciate you leave us alone.  To be frank, you disgust me.

Ryuen laughed and made way to leave before twisting quickly and snapping a picture of Horikita.  She whipped her head towards him and gave him a glare

Horikita: What did you just do?

Ibuki: What do you think he did, you twit?

Albert: Ibuki-San, Horikita-San did nothing wrong y'know.

Ibuki: Yeah she is stupid.

Ibuki replied with a smirk, but she seemed to have misunderstood what Albert said.  I can't imagine she was the best at English.

Ryuen: What's the matter Suzune, any problem with me taking this pic?

Ryuen fiddled with his phone and hit a button and smirked.  He stood up and looked at both of us, sizing us both up and crafting a mental image.

Ryuen: Anyways, me and my lackeys are off to do something, so see you never defects, kukuku.

The three of them left and the tension lifted.  It felt like the air was suffocating and it felt like someone freed us all.

I walked along the school halls with no goal.  I looked at the school forums to see Ryuen posted a picture.

  I looked at the school forums to see Ryuen posted a picture

Suzune is my gf Fr Fr
#Romance #Suzune

I walked past the drama club room, when someone ran out with a piece of paper in their hand.  They seemed majorly pissed as they looked around.  Their eyes settled on me and I got a good look of them

It was Kizana Sinobu of Class 2-C (A/N: That one chick from Yandere simulator.  Personally never played it but I watched a lot of Kubz Scouts vids lmao, I recommend you watch him)

Kizana: What are you doing here, uh what's your face...Ayanokoji?

Ayanokoji: Erm yeah that's me!

Kizana: Are you perhaps interested in the Drama club?

Before I could say no, she dragged me into the room and sat me down

Kizana: Listen, we are doing Romeo and Juliet, and the lead boy was expelled and the female lead was dating him.  Long story short, she is not answering calls and is sitting the play out.  So I was thinking you could fill in the male lead.

Ah the theater, the theater.  I had never learned about it per my past situation, but I still had read about amazing playwrights like Shakespeare and Zeami.  The theater could be fun, and I'm good at acting anyways.

Ayanokoji: Sure!  I would be happy too!

Kizana: Sure that's great thanks.  Know any girls who are interested in the lead role?

Ayanokoji: Hmm, I do know someone...

Airi: H-hello?

Airi stood nervously at the entrance of the room as Kizana looked at me with the expression that said "Lemme get the drug test"

Kizana: Forgive my rudeness, but...THIS GIRL LOOKS LIKE SHE CAN'T EVEN TALK TO A TREE!

Airi shook her head vigorously

Airi: N-no!  Theater is the o-one place where I'm not nervous!  I get to be someone I'm not, strong, witty, c-courageous.  That may not be me, but please let me do it!

Kizana: Y'know what?  Fine!  But if you mess up, that's 100,000 points to me got it?!  If we mess this up, the Nagumo priack will slash the theater budget in half.

Kizana handed us both a script for the play

Kizana: Just so you know, the play is during the Summer Festival. 

Summer festivals?  I've heard of them, but I've never been able to experience one or even see to.  At least I could read some plays but the festival will be new.  I can't deny I am curious to see if it will be fun.

Airi: S-so let's get to practicing, Kiyotaka-Kun!

Airi was a kind girl and when I met up with my friend group with Ken, Haruka and the such, Airi seems visibility happier than she is in class.

After the practice, I was blown away by Airi's performance.  Kizana seemed surprised by how good she was.  Her stutter disappeared and she carried herself gracefully.  They replaced the kids for a fake one and a hug which Airi seemed relieved and almost disappointed.  It was hard to tell really.

Ayanokoji: Wow you were super good!

Airi: Really?  T-thanks!  Y-you did too Kiyotaka-Kun.

Airi and I proceeded to gush about how good we were at acting.  We made it most of the oaky without many mistakes apart from stage directions but that was to be expected.  With Airi's experience acting and my memorization, we were amazing on the stage.  Some of the club members have a standing ovation once we were done.

Author: Sorry about the inconsistency with the updates.  I'll get back into the groove of things now!  Have a great day and see you next time I update!