Chapter 73.5: Who's Gonna Pay For The Drinks?

Ayanokoji Pov
We were finishing up our drinks in our seats and engaging in more small talk while Nagumo was scrolling through his phone with little talking from him.

Nazuna: So like I was saying, Akabane-Sensei just walks into class like nothing happened!

Ichinose: Well Chie-Sensei shows up drunk so I mean I think she's more of a party animal.

Kiyotaka: Yeah, Hoshinomya-Sensei is just crazy.  If your party is boring, get Hoshinomya-Sensei on the case.  She'll also get wasted so nobody else does.

Nazuna: Miyabi, back me up here!  Akabane-Sensei would get a party shutdown right?!

Nagumo: Yeah.

Nazuna: Are you even listening?

Nazuna slapped Nagumo's arm and he rolled his eyes.

Nagumo: Well I was just looking at something Nazuna.  So just converse with everyone else.

Kiryama: Well I think it's time we should go.  Nagumo.

He raised his head.

Nagumo: What?

Kiryama: The drinks.  You have to pay for them.

Nagumo: Why do I have to?

Ichinose: I thought you would pay for them?

Nagumo: I never said I would, what are you guys talking about?

The chaos promptly ensued.

Kiryama: Goddamn it!  We should have recorded it, come on!

Kiyotaka: You're paying for the drinks, I swear on all things holy!

Nazuna rolled up a magazine and began smacking Nagumo in the back of the head while screaming bloody murder.

I leaned over to Ichinose.

Kiyotaka: We're so lucky this place is always so crowded and loud.

Ichinose: We would totally have been kicked out and yelled at!

Nagumo: Ow, ouch, damnit!

Nazuna: Pay smack for smack the drinks!

Nagumo: Fine I'll pay!

The assault stopped and Nazuna sat back down and smiled like she didn't attack him.  Kiryama gave her a look of surprise but just shook his head and looked back to glaring at Nagumo.

Nagumo: Let's play a game first!  Loser pays!

Nazuna: No.

Nagumo: Yeah let's do it!  For the dominant does not pay and the loser does!

Nazuna: No, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, you're paying for the drinks!

Kiryama: Let's just play the game already!

Everybody stared at him with blank faces, and we just....

~Staaaaaaaaaaaaaarreeeeeeee😐😐😐~

Kiryama: What?

Kiyotaka: It's just so...odd.  It's off to see you agreeing to play a game that Nagumo-Senpai made, and to play WITH him, it's just so surprising!

Kiryama: Give me a break.  Let's just get this over with.

Nagumo: So let's play some Old Maid!  The person who loses will pay for the drinks, ok?

Ichinose: Sure.

Nazuna: Who do you predict is going to lose?

Kiryama: Why would you care?  It doesn't matter who he thinks is going to lose right?

Nazuna: Miyabi has always predicted who loses card games!  He's never wrong, it's crazy!

Nagumo thought to himself and he looked at everyone at the table.  He lifted up his finger and pointed it across the table: At me.

Nagumo: Ayanokoji is going to lose and pay for the drinks.

Kiyotaka: Bro who are you lying to?  You're going down!

Nazuna: I should have known both of you two would go at it like this.  Period.

Kiryama: Contain yourself Asahina.

Nagumo: Should we start?

Kiyotaka: No we're gonna sit around here for the next hour.  Yes we should start!

Nazuna: Miyabi's just nervous he's going to pay~

Nagumo: Eh?

Nagumo looked over at Nazuna with a curious expression as he began to deal the cards. 

Nagumo: You've never doubted my predictions before?

Nazuna: Just a gut feeling.

Nagumo: I see.  So if I win, you'll also have to pay with Ayanokoji. 

Nazuna: Well...

Nazuna looked at me.

Nazuna: Sure!  Let's do it.  I'm counting on you Kiyotaka-Kun.

Kiyotaka: Thanks for the stress on my back.

The game began and we all started matching our pairs.  If I ended up with the Odd Queen, I would pay, but if anyone else ended up with it, they would pay...

Nagumo: So which card will you choose?

Nagumo put the cards face down on the table and everyone watched.  I had to get one card and I would be ok, but if I picked the wrong one, I was going to have to pay for something Nagumo was saying he would pay for.  A bit unfair but whatever.

Now this seemed like a 50/50 shot to everyone except me.  Thought the course of the game, I noticed something peculiar about some of the cards: They were marked.  It was very small, barely noticeable, but it was there.  It marked the Joker, and other cards.  It made sense that he was able to predict the loser since he could easily manipulate the cards via his luck.  He was counting on my being screwed by the cards but I operated around the cards the whole game.

I extended my hand out and got the card.  The card that would make me win.  I paired my cards and put them down, leaving Nagumo with the Old Maid.

Nagumo: Uh...

Nazuna: Amazing!

Kiryama: Ayanokoji won.

Ichinose: Yahooooooo!

Nagumo gave me a devious smile and paid the bill...GOT A NUMBER ONE VICTORY ROYALE-

Author: Yeah Fortnite we bout to get down, get down!  Have a great day and see you next time I update!